NEM Beta 0.4.36

Beta 0.4.36 is here!

This is a mandatory release. Nodes running 0.4.34 or less will end up on a fork.

[hr]
    Changes:

[li]UI fixes (#160, #165, #169, #206)[/li]
        [li]We've fixed an issue calculation of poi, due to which some of the nodes ended up on fork (this is the cause of upcoming fork) FORK BLOCK: 51000
    This might cause some forking issues when we're gonna be near the fork block.[/li]
        [li]We've changed the way nodes are synching, smaller number of blocks is being pulled, this should allow people with slower internet to synch[/li]
        [li]Additionally max number of transactions in pulled blocks can be configured via nis.maxTransactions (it can be lowered), but default value should be fine[/li]

P.S. We've put zip with recent db on bob: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis4.h2.zip (along with gpg sig)

[hr]

NEM requires Java 8
        You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
        http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp
        Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.
        Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/
        [hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]Standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release.[/li]
          [li]Webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
            [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
              [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit,
          but should help with most of the problems)[/li]
              [/li]
              [li]There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
          https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834[/li]
              [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]
              [/li]

Enjoy the new version :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

NCCs graphics is still very laggy in Opera 25  :confused:

And I'm a bit scared of the fact that NEM is already occupying ~0,5 GB, how will this look if we in the future are going to be 10s of millions of users? After a few years the file will be a few PetaBytes  :frowning:

Downloaded and in sync.

NCCs graphics is still very laggy in Opera 25  :confused:

And I'm a bit scared of the fact that NEM is already occupying ~0,5 GB, how will this look if we in the future are going to be 10s of millions of users? After a few years the file will be a few PetaBytes  :frowning:

Currently every project has that problem except for light wallets.
But it's a known problem so devs are working on it to keep this low or maybe in time even make the chain as we know it obsolete.

when i have received a transaction, i know i can hover over the address to see the full address but their is no way to copy the address. would it be possible to have a menu pop up when you click on the address that gives the options to "add contact"/"send nem"/"send message"/ect?

when i have received a transaction, i know i can hover over the address to see the full address but their is no way to copy the address. would it be possible to have a menu pop up when you click on the address that gives the options to "add contact"/"send nem"/"send message"/ect?

If you click "details" you can select whatever you want from the pop-up.
Maybe not an elegant solution but it works.

Downloaded and in sync.

NCCs graphics is still very laggy in Opera 25  :/

And I'm a bit scared of the fact that NEM is already occupying ~0,5 GB, how will this look if we in the future are going to be 10s of millions of users? After a few years the file will be a few PetaBytes  :(

Currently every project has that problem except for light wallets.
But it's a known problem so devs are working on it to keep this low or maybe in time even make the chain as we know it obsolete.

I am not a dev and these things confuse me a bit, but it seems like to me that a snapshot of the chain should be sufficient at times; like something with all the current balances for all the accounts from like a week ago.  No need for each person to download every transaction that was ever made.  Well... in my head that's how it works anyhow. hahaha

Changing nem.shutdownPath parameter in nis/config.properties has no effect.

Everyone is allowed to shutdown my NIS… not good at all.

can't get NIS to start…

can't get NIS to start...

Please be more specific did yo using windows linux or Mak  did you use standalon or web version

check if http://cubieIP:7890/chain/last-block responds with anything.

Also you should consider running NCC on normal machine, and only run NIS on cubie. I think there was detailed instruction how to do that somewhere here.

finnikola, since you are running the standalone version you can configure autoboot in the config.properties file in the NIS folder.

finnikola, since you are running the standalone version you can configure autoboot in the config.properties file in the NIS folder.

But to configure autoboot in .properties file, i must insert a key in nis.bootkey. Where i find this key?

Then could someone tell me why:

[li]running NIS on cubietruck and NCC on my PC: NCC says "NIS available"[/li]
    [li]running NIS and NCC on Cubietruck: NCC says "NIS unavailable" [/li]

I don't understand it

But to configure autoboot in .properties file, i must insert a key in nis.bootkey. Where i find this key?

I don't understand it

If you have ncc running you don't need that key. You can just use the settings page.
Any chance you configured NCC to look for a remote NIS so it doesn't find it because both are on the cubietruck ?

I don't understand it

Hi finnikola,

you can use any key you want as private key, it just must have 64 hex characters like
d1a29baaa4f5f4a2a2567bda2abf3771e443a8c9fa26a68c8ad70d71038ce657

Running both NIS and NCC on a cubie is too much for a cubie board. That is why it says "NIS not available".
Just run NIS on cubie and NCC on some other computer.

I don't understand it

Hi finnikola,

you can use any key you want as private key, it just must have 64 hex characters like
d1a29baaa4f5f4a2a2567bda2abf3771e443a8c9fa26a68c8ad70d71038ce657

Running both NIS and NCC on a cubie is too much for a cubie board. That is why it says "NIS not available".
Just run NIS on cubie and NCC on some other computer.

Is too much for a cubietruck ? It have 2gb ram instead of cubieboard that have only 1gb.

i try with a generic key like you suggest and now NIS on cubietruck in sinchronizing the blockchain  :D

I am running NIS and NCC on a cubietruck and its ok. Sometimes its getting slow and I see error 500 NIS not available, but it just needs some time (usually seconds) and then it loads the transaction list or whatever I tried to do.

Just when there are 120 tx per block (which is the maximum possible for a block) its having issues, but never crashed since 0.4.36-BETA!

@finnikola: Are you running a gui? What is htop saying for your CPU and memora usage while running NIS and NCC?

I am running NIS and NCC on a cubietruck and its ok. Sometimes its getting slow and I see error 500 NIS not available, but it just needs some time (usually seconds) and then it loads the transaction list or whatever I tried to do.

Just when there are 120 tx per block (which is the maximum possible for a block) its having issues, but never crashed since 0.4.36-BETA!

@finnikola: Are you running a gui? What is htop saying for your CPU and memora usage while running NIS and NCC?

Htop say memory usage 900/1999 and cpu all the 2 cores are 80-90.

It is strange that a cubietruck have difficulties to run NIS and NCC together...i read here on the forum that someone use a raspberry  with sucess

Is NIS still synchronizing? In that case its ok, if both cpu cores are at 80-90. After NIS is synchronized it should not stay that high all the time.

My NIS on the cubietruck is running for 123,6 hours now and it has a CPU TIME of 118 hours.

Is NIS still synchronizing? In that case its ok, if both cpu cores are at 80-90. After NIS is synchronized it should not stay that high all the time.

My NIS on the cubietruck is running for 123,6 hours now and it has a CPU TIME of 118 hours.

Yes, it is still synchronizing  ;)