NEM Beta 0.4.48

We're preparing for 0.5.x therefore
WEBSTART is currently BROKEN

Beta 0.4.48 is here!

[hr]
Changes:

[li]Fix an issue with recalculating importances when harvesting new block.[/li]
    [li]Optimized network traffic, by changing the way new transactions are being broadcasted.[/li]
    [li]Fixed time synchronization[/li]
    [li]Different internal cleanups[/li]

Keep in mind, initial load of db might be slow, there is already over 2.2M txes in the database.
    We're gonna improve initial load time A LOT, but not in the testnet.

Next build will most likely involve blockchain restart and will include initial support for multisig.

[hr]

NEM requires Java 8
    You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
    http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/
    Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.
    Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/
    [hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]Standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release.[/li]
      [li]Webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
        [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
          [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit,
          but should help with most of the problems)[/li]
          [/li]
          [li]There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
          https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834[/li]
          [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]
          [/li]

Enjoy the new version :slight_smile:

We're preparing for 0.5.x therefore
WEBSTART is currently BROKEN

Beta 0.4.48 is here!

[hr]
Changes:

[li]Fix an issue with recalculating importances when harvesting new block.[/li]
    [li]Optimized network traffic, by changing the way new transactions are being broadcasted.[/li]
    [li]Fixed time synchronization[/li]
    [li]Different internal cleanups[/li]

Keep in mind, initial load of db might be slow, there is already over 2.2M txes in the database.
    We're gonna improve initial load time A LOT, but not in the testnet.

Next build will most likely involve blockchain restart and will include initial support for multisig.

[hr]

NEM requires Java 8
    You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:
    http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/
    Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.
    Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/
    [hr]

Usual Troubleshooting Guide:

[li]Standalone - shouldn't have issues with this release.[/li]
      [li]Webstart,

[li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]
        [li]Go to java control panel, and hit "View…" (can be run with javaws -viewer)

[li]from "applications" remove both NCC and NIS[/li]
          [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit,
          but should help with most of the problems)[/li]
          [/li]
          [li]There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:
          https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834[/li]
          [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users<i><username>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]
          [/li]

Enjoy the new version :slight_smile:

Hi  Since installing the new version 0.4.48    It took a while, then a yellow message is displayed at the top - "NIS needs to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting"

Normally this message goes away once I login, but no luck with this version

My settings haven't changed (HTTP/localhost/Port 7890 opened in router setup)

If I try to send test nems, I get -  'A local node needs to be booted before you can send NEM!'

When I select this, a 'Boot local node' box appears, which when I select 'Boot'  gives me an OOPS ERROR 400 message.

I have tried rebooting my pc, and restarting the Nem client twice, but no luck  the sign at the top wont go away

Help appreciated

Ok  no worries I have figured it out  It required my password in the 'Boot Node' box    :slight_smile:

Nice. First multisig implimentation :) well done devs.

I don't think it's first. Bitcoin has it, but I don't think it's in common use.

Also it was possible to do sort of multisig transactions even before that with a special script.
Problem with btc scripts is that (AFAIK) I don't think all implementations support all opcodes,
so there's a chance your TX will get rejected if you're using some special opcodes.

client is being very buggy… takes ages and many clicks before changing from one account to another and the red bar "nis is not available" keeps coming up while nis on my server is running fine. will check it again tonight when i have better internet connection.

Nice. First multisig implimentation :) well done devs.

I don't think it's first. Bitcoin has it, but I don't think it's in common use.

Also it was possible to do sort of multisig transactions even before that with a special script.
Problem with btc scripts is that (AFAIK) I don't think all implementations support all opcodes,
so there's a chance your TX will get rejected if you're using some special opcodes.

i just meant 1st for nem :)

i thought it wouldnt be that common as there isnt a simple way to do it. different clients do it different ways and so i would guess that makes it very confusing for consumers.

client is being very buggy.. takes ages and many clicks before changing from one account to another and the red bar "nis is not available" keeps coming up while nis on my server is running fine. will check it again tonight when i have better internet connection.

Are you using a remote NIS?

client is being very buggy.. takes ages and many clicks before changing from one account to another and the red bar "nis is not available" keeps coming up while nis on my server is running fine. will check it again tonight when i have better internet connection.

Ya

Ya

I don't have those problems. Also on remote NIS, Firefox and Win 7

When using remote NIS i sometimes get "NIS not available" for a second due to 404 bad request. But I haven't checked yet why that bad request occurs.

When using remote NIS i sometimes get "NIS not available" for a second due to 404 bad request. But I haven't checked yet why that bad request occurs.

ok thanks.

I am using local NIS. NIS says use port 7890. NCC says 8989.

When I use localhost:7890, there is a time-sync/network-time  problem with a 404 message.

When I use localhost:8989 wallet fires up by NIS Boot gives a 500 error and doesn't boot.

Doesn't go further.

@rockethead: what do you mean with "use localhost:7890"? Use in what way? To make requests in the browser?
Same question for the other port.

@rockethead: what do you mean with "use localhost:7890"? Use in what way? To make requests in the browser?
Same question for the other port.

Yes, to make request in the browser.

http://localhost:7890 gives error
http://localhost:8989  fires up but NIS is not syncing, times out and crashes. Then start again, and it syncs for a while, time out and crashes again. Not very stable NIS.

NCC's default port is 8989 -> that's why you have to connect to this port, if you want to use the web interface (the web interface talks to NCC).

NIS's default port is 7890 -> that's why you have to open this port in your router, if you want your NIS to be reachable to other nodes.

NCC's default port is 8989 -> that's why you have to connect to this port, if you want to use the web interface (the web interface talks to NCC).

NIS's default port is 7890 -> that's why you have to open this port in your router, if you want your NIS to be reachable to other nodes.

Could this be why ncc is glitchy as hell when connecting to remote nis?

@kodtycoon:
What do you mean? Can you explain more detailed?

@kodtycoon:
What do you mean? Can you explain more detailed?

when i connect to local nis, everything runs fine.. when i connect to remote nis, ncc keeps disconnecting from remote nis(and i get the red bar along the top) then it will connect again but changing between accounts, or doing anything in the client is very slow to respond, if it does at all..

Ok, then a closed port is not the reason for this behaviour.

It's more likely that the connection is bad (on both sides or at least one) or that the computer which is running NIS is too slow.