NEM Beta 0.6.93 not working in Linux mint

Hi all,

updated my client to NEM Beta 0.6.93 in Linux mint as my older client stopped syncing after the recent Fee Fork.
Now unable to get my new client to run (which I used to do by running the “nix.runMon.sh” from my downloaded “package” folder).
I have tried deleting all old nem file folders and installed latest database download, but still unable to run my new client.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Since NEM 0.6.93, functions other than NIS have been abolished.
If you are using NCC etc., you need to migrate to NanoWallet.

The previous version can be downloaded from here.

https://bob.nem.ninja/last-ncc/

Please return to the previous state once and retrieve necessary information (account information etc.).

Please see here for the transition from NCC to NanoWallet.

Thanks

Hello

try to use the other script nix.runNis.sh
Also check the java version that you have on your system.

The latest version comes without NCC.
Use the lateset NanoWallet to connect to your local or remote NIS.

OK, transitioned to NanoWallet and everything seems to be running fine, thanks.

Have searched the forum and read the NanoWallet tutorial but am still finding it a little confusing… I’m guessing the NanaWallet needs to sync, but see no indication of if it’s synced, or if not, it’s current state of sync?

Not seeing any time or date stamps on my harvested blocks?

Does the new private key that comes with the NanoWallet supersede my original private key and is this old key now defunct?

Are you connected to a working node? Click on the red node icon, and select a different node.

Nanowallet does not run a local NIS by default, it connects to other users available NIS.

You can use the same private key in Nanowallet. Check out this guide to upgrade your NCC wallet so it works in Nanowallet.

1 Like

Yes, I am connected to a working node, but am still only seeing block numbers on the bar graph showing the harvesting income on the last 25 blocks and list of harvested blocks?

So in theory I could lose my new private key and lose access to my Nanawallet, but would still be able to create a new one with my original private key to recover my coins?

In theory yes, though you should test the scenario first, as I am not 100% clear by what you mean by your “new” private key.

Just to follow up on this, I also recently upgraded to Nanowallet.

The original private key I saved for my wallet is still valid yes?

If you have the private key you are fine.
The private key that you have used in your NCC can be imported in the Nano Wallet.

You can import it into the Nano Wallet
by using the option to create the wallet from private key.

Once you do this make the bacupk of the wallet data from NanoWallet and also keep safe
the private key that you have imported.

1 Like

Thank’s to everyone for their response’s, had the Nano wallet running for a few days now and everything is fine, plus the harvesting doesn’t seems to have changed.

I have the total of harvested blocks and a bar graph of xem’s earned with block numbers, but no date/time stamps. Will I need to use the blockchain explorer to get this info, or is this avalible from the wallet?

I seem to be using less computer resources when Harvesting now, which almost feel like cheating, is there any info anywhere on the basics of what the Nanowallet does differently to the old clients and what are the advantages?

You are using delegated harvesting. That means you are having a node harvest for you, securely.

Here is a good resource.
https://docs.nem.io/en/nanowallet/delegated-harvesting/benefits-of-delegated