NEM Community Tasks

I think we need to empower members of the community to do more. It seems that people don't want to just be volunteers, so we will reward people based on the outcome and impact of their tasks.

The process is like this:

[li]Anyone can propose a task by writing it in this thread.[/li]
    [li]The core marketing team will review the task and approve or reject it. If approved, criteria for evaluation, reward amount, and budget (if applicable) will be announced.[/li]
    [li]Approved tasks will be announced publicly and anyone can apply to work on the task.[/li]
    [li]Upon completion, the outcome and impact of the task will be evaluated by the core marketing team and a reward decided on. Ongoing tasks, like running a help desk/etc, will be evaluated every 1 or 2 months by the core marketing team.[/li]

We might modify the process some as we continue, but for now, please propose some specific tasks in this thread.

To propose, please provide:

[li]Task Name[/li]
      [li]Brief description[/li]
      [li]Expected outcome and impact for NEM[/li]
      [li]Expected costs (if applicable)[/li]

I can assist with users needing help with Windows based system. Any technical questions.

I'm always online (GMT +10) here.

[center]SWARM TEAM[/center]

Due i am following NEM for a Long time (at the time i was in NEM's trello board, not sure if it does exist anymore?), i know about the plans for a swarm Team… Some months ago i proposed to help there, and i was told i should talk to Erkki…  but it seems to be online very rarely, and even on Skype i could never find him…

IMO a swarm Team would be a very very good possibility to make known NEM!

We should post on other Forums (Exchange Forums and similiar), Facebook pages, deepweb, YouTube pages, local newssites, Forums and Chatrooms in order to reach very many People!
I know many People interested invest in exchanges, derivates etc., but it is very expensive to create accounts, sign contracts, and so on…
And exact this should be our target Group, because invest in cryptocurrencies is not very complicated and expensive…

We would Need a clever and appealing and sounding good text, maybe linked to this Forum, direct to poloniex market, and to a guy ready to give informations to People who have never heard about cryptocurrencies and NEM.

We have a Marketer and media designer, who can create somthing like this for the swarm Team, in order to post it everywhere?

I am not sure, but i think with a Performance based bountie many guys would join… something like 120 proven Posts on a online spreadsheet for something like 1mio NEM, but that will have to decide the devs…

I am willing to partecipate, but we will Need many more people

I'm here representing translation group of Chinese community.

As non-pro translators we never promised but happened to accomplish this:
- Formed a group of 7 members
- Helped with conversation whenever there's someone valuable speaking Chinesewant to communicate with the members of NEM community speaking English
- Translated and published every one of the important article about NEM
- Translated and updated NEM software and NEM official Website nem.io

As the members of the Translation Group of Chinese Community, we think we deserve evaluation every 1 or 2 months by the core marketing team. And applying for a long-term task of NEM Chinese Translation.

To propose, list as below:
- Translating(English/Chinese)
- Translating English/Chinese documents,news,relevant polocies,etc about NEM into Chinese/English
- Expect to introduce NEM project to Chinese and attract more and more Chinese to participate in NEM project
- Expected costs ( not sure, More XEMs, More happiness  ;)  )

A lot of great ideas here!

Interesting stuff. Keep it coming.

Media attention

Get support of famous people. Already made a topic that's called media attention!
Names of suggested people
are in that thread.

Outcome is to spread the word of NEM internationally!

Costs are NEM stakes for every person involved although I doubt some of those names will get in for just one stake.

What I can do is use my network as an artist and network of famous people in holland aswell as abroad and via via.

Next Idea!

Scrolling down Facebook, are many bitcoin Advertisings, as example for bitstamp, and bitdigital. Due Facebook is make targeted Advertising, is Meeting the right/interested People. We should comment this Advertisings with a very good nem Advertising!
Who can create something that we can easily add this as a comment below?

Media attention

Get support of famous people. Already made a topic that's called media attention!
Names of suggested people
are in that thread.

Outcome is to spread the word of NEM internationally!

Costs are NEM stakes for every person involved although I doubt some of those names will get in for just one stake.

What I can do is use my network as an artist and network of famous people in holland aswell as abroad and via via.

I'm skeptical that giving NEM stakes away to people for free will accomplish what we want. We need partners who will not just take money and run or whore themselves out.

That being said, we should try to work with famous people to accomplish specific goals.

I think it is too hard to organize this on the forums, so let's try it here: https://trello.com/b/NMkHvNH4/nem-public-task-suggestions

I think it is too hard to organize this on the forums, so let's try it here: https://trello.com/b/NMkHvNH4/nem-public-task-suggestions

right! you should add all people with suggestions to trello

right! you should add all people with suggestions to trello

I need e-mail addresses to add people. Just PM me here or msg me on telegram with your email address, and I will add you.

Make infographics for POI and vesting. 

On the paper wallet, the back ground image is for a voucher; the kind of vouchers to be handed out at conferences.  It would be nice of somebody tried to make some other back ground images for something like XEM bucks or something. 

I think we need to empower members of the community to do more. It seems that people don't want to just be volunteers, so we will reward people based on the outcome and impact of their tasks.

The process is like this:

[li]Anyone can propose a task by writing it in this thread.[/li]
    [li]The core marketing team will review the task and approve or reject it. If approved, criteria for evaluation, reward amount, and budget (if applicable) will be announced.[/li]
    [li]Approved tasks will be announced publicly and anyone can apply to work on the task.[/li]
    [li]Upon completion, the outcome and impact of the task will be evaluated by the core marketing team and a reward decided on. Ongoing tasks, like running a help desk/etc, will be evaluated every 1 or 2 months by the core marketing team.[/li]

We might modify the process some as we continue, but for now, please propose some specific tasks in this thread.

To propose, please provide:

[li]Task Name[/li]
      [li]Brief description[/li]
      [li]Expected outcome and impact for NEM[/li]
      [li]Expected costs (if applicable)[/li]

TASK NAME

Increasing popularity of NEMcoin. The growth of its exchange rate.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

The NEM is an excellent crypto-currency, backed by outstanding developers. Yet this is not enough for its success.  If there is no established mechanism for a tangible linkage with economic and political realities, it will remain a virtual toy only.

To start with, the NEM vitally needs an official status of at least a quasi-state such as Liberland.  Even it is not a real state, but for a PR sake it suffice. Liberland claims that it needs a crypto-currency.  So the NEM should make it the best possible offer. Providing silver coins for its retailers would be such an example.

Given that Liberland comprises just an empty riverbank area of 6 square km, the task is quite feasible for the NEM now. Of course, it should be legally registered with all the formalities.

Moreover, such a binding between the currency and the land creates linkage on the history to this land and revives the two-thousand-year tradition of minting real money. Read more here https://forum.ournem.com/ideas/xem-d274n256rius/

EXPECTED OUTCOME AND IMPACT FOR NEM

Significant expansion and popularity of NEMcins. Strengthening of NEM's stability and competitiveness due to binding to a silver coinage.

EXPECTED COSTS (IF APPLICABLE)

At the first stage, the organizational expenses may include: negotiations and their legal support.

Just bringing some attention to this Post :slight_smile: