NEM Ecosystem - Future Governance and Plans

Yet again @Fk_0 this should not be seen negatively, I see your request and will forward to the correct leader for the topic.

I want to remind of the focus on Symbol launch.

1 Like

Congratulations to the entire NEM ecosystem for leading the charge in a consolidated approach to launching the NEM Symbol product. Having personally worked with Alex and the NF team I couldn’t be prouder of the team and the journey that the Foundation has taken. We look forward to hearing how the new team launches the product without the different factions of NEM. It is a solid plan to launch a fantastic blockchain product. Haters gonna hate but this is positive news let’s celebrate!!

4 Likes

When a Core Dev anounces structural reform due to operational dissaray causing delay of launch date - we ask “how can this be when over $4M was spent to get this done”

When the President announces stepping down from the Council for 6 months with full pay - we ask " how can someone who has failed at delivering results with the funds given to them be allowed to leave for 25% of their term and be paid for inactivity in that time"

When the above sabbatical is a clear example of misapropriation of funds, operational obligations havent been met, and there is no audit of transactions and accounts for funds - we ask " where is the proof funds are not misapropriated, where is the full audit (please do not direct us to ROI report as this document cannot be verified with an audit)

These are serious alegations. ALEXANDRA TINSMAN should see to it that a full audit is released to prove that funds were not misapropriated

2 Likes

OMG, be carefull, you will be attacked by a foundation member saying you never created topic so you are useless :o

Better saying: "Thanks Alex for all you have done, you deserve 2 years vacations <3

1 Like

Yet again, you are redirecting off the actual matter at hand - finding a common ground to launch Symbol.

The irony of decentralized projects relying on foundations

This is a pain in the industry.

For my part, I will end this we need to shed bad light on the foundation conversation, with the following:

1. Foundation work has been recognized and supported by core devs many times (e.g.: here, and here, and here …). (/cc @Jaguar0625 thanks for the support.)
  2. Decentralization is hard. (Quoting @gimre)
2 Likes

Yes, Jaguar recognized your work too much that he had to put a like to my post here saying that you spent 70M in 2020 and accomplished just a part of what you should: Migration Committee Community Update #13

Nem foundation has been created to promote NEM Blockchain to companies and others.

Tell me what partnership you got recently with a big company, a bank or something ? What about all exchange (we dont even have a USDT pair on exchange like Binance so dont even think about FIAT pair in major exchange) ?

You should undertand that NF job is not only tech part, it is also marketing and building partnership with companies. And I often speak about this part, not the tech part (despite you work in tech part and you take it personnaly)

NEM Foundation hired and paid many people in many field about marketing, partnership building etc… But we have seen nothing here (and jaguar seems approving since he put a like to my post). And dont tell me “We were focused about coding”, in this case, why paying salaries to dozens of marketing related employees as well as 70M xem in less than 4 months ?)

4 Likes

I never implied that foundation works only in tech, and I pointed at that just a few posts above. Stop wasting my time.

1 Like

Hi, Fk_0 (sorry, I do not know your name).
I see that you have registered one day ago and perhaps need some guidance.
Please let me assist you and try to address your concerns.

1. First, this forum is a place where all the information concentrated and REAL community members communicate with each other and management team, so you can always use SEARCH feature and find all the needed information.
    If you spent some time, you would surely find answers to all the questions you have, but since you are a newbie let me do it for you.

2. In NEM, the most important decisions are often made through on-chain community voting, it was also with the NF’s budget. You can see the entire chronology as well as salaries breakdown you so eager to learn about here:
    NEM Foundation Update - vote for funding proposal 2019

The proposal passed through POI vote with 90% of YES.

How these funds were spent and what results were achieved you can find here:

1. And finally. The technology NEM based on is called BLOCKCHAIN with transparency by default.
    So you are able to make your own audit accurate to every transaction at ANY MOMENT of time.
    Here is NEM Foundation’s account for your reference https://explorer.nemtool.com/#/s_account?account=NBFOUNDXB54PVVPG6AN4WJ7BAOYFBC2XLLHDU5YM

Hope it helps.
Cheers.

4 Likes

“stop wasting my time” when you take time to check and link all the jaguar and gimre post mentionning NF. ok lol.

You just have nothing to say about partnerships so you take the easy way to cut the discussion. Well done my friend.

Bye

2 Likes

I know, thanks - but I don’t need you as a friend.

@gevs @issou @Fk_0 strongly recommend to stop all this nonsense now. if both sides continue, this post will be trash soon.

3 Likes

Everyone is the future of NEM. If you really have questions, you can ask them to discuss, but do n’t attack.

1 Like

PLEASE, Let’s be more constructive on commenting on the original topic @Jaguar0625 posted here and let the transition period go smoothly. It will benefit all!

6 Likes

Hi Anton, the sign up date for this forum isnt a signifier of someone’s knowledge of how things work in blockchain.

Blockchain wallets are anonymous and anonymity does not represent an audit. The ROI report can easily be a fabricated report which is why it cannot be trusted.

The fact that a true audit of the funds cannot be produced is a signifier of a cover up of misapropriated funds.

1 Like

The Cointelegraph article mentions trolls from another project? Who are these trolls and which project do they work for? Brian still has not stated any specific work he did for NEM as well.

I hate to say it but community votes do not represent much. The fact that the community voted for Mark Price is an example that they do not always know best. Hell the US leadership shows that a country of millions upon millions collectively cannot make and intelligent decision and get completely sucked in by media and pandering.

4 Likes

Alex, even when she is not here anymore keep making problem in the community by saying “They are trolls from another project” when people dont agree to her.

She has done it during all her presidency on telegram and it had divided the community.

Her plan is to make people thinking: “Oh, they are Proximax supporter from the devil Lon wong, ok we dont listen to them and keep praising for Alex”

There is no other point at saying “they are trolls from another project” than this one.

1 Like

Ah, does she mean ProximaX supporters? The way it was worded made it sound like a competing project team was deliberately being malicious.

1 Like

OFC, she has done this to discredit people since the beginning. Just check the first sentence of the only post she did here: NEM Ecosystem - Future Governance and Plans

Thanks from coming over from ProximaX to spend some time in the NEM Forums” (Witch is totally false since I post here and on twitter very often and I own a lot more XEM than XPX but ok…)

It is sad to see a “president” act like this (Chose to divide the community to defend herself.)

But, it is ok, we go further now, with a CEO who already did great for NEM. I believe in him and I, as a NEM believer, am happy with this news.

2 Likes

@Stinghe_Dorian @Dtbychris @rg911 @Shingen_Takeda thank you for being the voices of reason in this thread, it is good to see people trying to calm the energy down and I hope people listen. I would encourage more members who feel similar to express similar positive sentiments.

The rest of this conversation is largely unproductive, not to do with this announcement and still focused on the past. The plan is specifically to look forward; do things differently, launch Symbol and reinvigorate thee community. I don’t see any reason to engage either side of it for the reasons given in my last post.

Please everyone take a deep breath and move forward, or don’t…just close your browser and stop focusing on negativity which isn’t good for anyone. Even less so with current global health issues

Anyone who cares about, has worked on NEM or holds xem tokens should be able to agree that the best course of action is one that benefits everyone moving Nem forward positively. Rather than waste energy it could be doing something constructive; maybe go make a tweet with the top 5 thinks you like about Nem, top 5 ideas for where it could go, write a blog post etc.

Here is a great idea from @TulipMaina for how to focus that energy for example: Tasks order book to mobilize community volunteers

14 Likes

Top 5 things i cannot stop thinking about NEM.

1. Was the community who participated in electing and funding this NEM Foundation Executive Council betrayed by concealed misapropriation of funds?

2. Why can’t an audit of transactions be brought forward that proves what the funds were spent on?

3. Is the ROI report issued by the NEM Foundation a fabricated report and backed by no tangible evidence at all?

4. Is misapropriation of funds systemic across all entities asociated with the NEM Foundation?

5. Are wallets associated with NEM Foundation salaries and buisness transactions kept anonymous to conceal embezzelment?

2 Likes