NEM Fee adjustments?

Latest wallet has adjusted fees for testnet.

The dimcoin ico should help price rise i would think. 10% extra on ico means 40% extra tokens. Clif high recommendation helps

I noticed that sending mosaics requires to send 1 xem. Is that supposed to be the case? Shouldn’t it be eqv to xem? I think those of us looking to develop would like to use the mosaics as much as a payment channel.

This is using the nano wallet 1.4 i don’t know if it is in there, but the other fees look like they are updated…

I’ve tried namespaces and mosaics and transferring so far. I would like to use the nem mosaic as a validation token vs sending a xem. ie; access controls… Users with the mosaic will be granted access to special features or areas of the site.

I also noticed that sending a mosaic from the nanowallet was locked out at 1. Is there a reason I can’t send payment and a mosaic? I would like to use the mosaic as a receipt.

Even when sending XEM it will cost at least 0.05 XEM fee,
Even when sending a mosaic it costs at least 0.05 XEM fee.
If there are two or more different mosaics, each fee calculation is done separately.

Perhaps it is fixed in 1 XEM on the money transfer screen of NanoWallet.
It is displayed in the same manner as NanoWallt in tembex v.3.

Please refer to the screenshot below. I tell Core several weeks ago.

In a sense, there is no harm.

1 Like

Please read.
@BloodyRookie @Quantum_Mechanics

on the receiver side, it shows +1 so it does look like it was sent but there is no xem in the balance.

1 Like

Yes, correct.
Since it is published in GitHub, I think that it is a matter of priority order.

1 Like

So when FEE adjustments on main net?

Latest wallet has adjusted fees for testnet.

1 Like

Hello its been 3 weeks since your message do you have a more specific timing for the new fee to kick in mainnet version ?

We need this, it would help with NEM price to grow.

Just keep an eye on Nembex, as it shows you the fork countdown at the top. Today it says the fork will occur in about 5 days’ time.

Hi @BloodyRookie thanks for this , I have been following this projects for almost 6 months now and I gotta say this was the only thing holding us back from adopting nem for development.
I however have one question is it free to send Mosaic between addresses…?
(I am yet to start playing around with the wallets and understand all the features well).

Sending mosaics is a transaction and therefore is not free.

1 Like

@BloodyRookie down the line will this raise a concern for the high volume applications that wish to develop on the block chain a situation like what is being experienced by companies that developed payment systems on the bitcoin block chain , it got to a point bitcoin became too expensive and the fees were high and that way supporting micro payments was an issue , could it be possible to adopt another approach that is not directly pegged to the price of XEM , as per the explanations most mosaic fees are paid in XEM which makes it challenging for the pricing since the price of XEM isn’t fixed.
I mean if I am selling something for $10 and the fee is 0.15 Xem and 1 Xem is $10 for example that’s $1.5 in transaction cost.
What’s your opinion on this…?
Thanks.

For now we will adjust the fees whenever the price of XEM changes a lot over a considerable amount of time.
I know this is not ideal, but there hasn’t been a good alternative proposal yet.
Did you have any concrete proposal in mind when writing your post?

For now no…
We could however borrow from other block chains.
Will submit a proposal soon.

Hi how accurate is this…?

https://bob.nem.ninja/docs/#transaction-fees

From the above it looks like transferring Xem is cheaper than mosaic that are not small business mosaic
Secondly I also wish to run a NEM node (NIS) for development of my project but I can’t seem to find a guide on how to do it on windows 7,I have seen some online outlining the harvesting process.Is there a specific guide for this…?
Thanks

I managed to get the installation link Instalation so don’t worry about the NIS guides
Thanks

Hey,
I would like to voice out my opinion that a dynamic vote calculation (considering the USD value of Tx cost) should be put in place ASAP. I am having complications with mid-term business planning & customer onboarding for usage of the NEM public chain.
LuxTag is looking at doing serious amounts of transactions on the public chain, most of them multisig-Txs. Which is a cost factor for running our business. When the XEM price doubles in US$ value (what is quite expected to happen soon, if I understand right) - we would remain exposed to double that cost in running the core business on the public chain.
And we’d be fully exposed to the goodwill or action-taking of NEM Foundation and/or Core Devs to reduce the fees or not. At a not defined time and manner of reaction to the price changes.
I believe I am not the only one who is concerned about this.
Perhaps NEM high rungs have this point already on their roadmap?
Feedback welcome!
Rene

1 Like