NEM Fee adjustments?

Hitbtc withdraw fee for XEM is currently 15 XEM (approx $7 USD) . Do you happen to know if this will change anytime soon?

Itā€™s only exchange decision. Only they customers can eforce change this fee. NEM network are very low. For example for transfering 500 XEM you pay couple USD cents (0.05 - 0.1 XEM)

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I take the freedom to bring this thread back to the attention and hereby ask for a comment from NEM higher rung officials please.
As a business intending to ā€œrun on the NEM public chainā€ my concern is the lack of financial planning safety.
Letā€™s say we did 5,000 LuxTag account multisig creation Txs per month on the NEM chain and 1-2 Messaging Transactions, then another 5,000 Multisig Ownership transfer Txs -> we already reach 1.4 XEM per LuxTag Asset account. That is 7,000 XEM/month and a month ago we would have budgeted US$1,400 for this. Now, itā€™s around US$6,000-7,000.
I assume the main concern of the cryptocoin speculator public is their XEM transfer fees - HOWEVER letā€™s remind ourselves that the businesses (hopefully) adopting NEM for their transaction processing is NEMā€™s customers.
After all, NEM is the Smart Asset Blockchain - intended for easy and immediate business adoption. Not a speculation-coin blockchain nor a cryptocurrency project.
Looking forward to comments!
Rene, LuxTag.io

2 Likes

That is a general problem when we have great fluctuations in price, @r3n3. Not sure how we can improve on this. If we lower now then in case of a big drop we can get spammed hard.

Thanks for the reply @BloodyRookie
@jason.lee @jabo38 May I bring this to your (ā€œCouncilā€) attention and politely ask you to continue brainstorm and/or define rules for regular fee-adjustement based on the USD value of XEM tokens within the NEM Foundation.
Hope to see development in this directionā€¦

Thanks, understand that it can be difficult for enterprise adoption, will look into ensuring this balancing act is managed!

How can this be achieved ?!
I mean xem price is an external factor to the block chain this
would require some external service that would collect price averages from all the exchanges
and write it to the blockchain.
Kind of ā€œoracleā€ they call this in all other blockchains.
Bus still how to rely on a 3rd party information which could be manipulated and therefore
influence the the fees in xem blockchain ?

1 Like

@freigeist I think the ā€œOracleā€ would be the NEM Foundation here. But nevertheless, there should be a published ruleset, so NEM-adopting organizations know what to expect.

Hello and Happy New Year.

Thanks to all Nembers for an amazing year. I am honored to be a part of this movement.

I Would like to propose the idea that a basic Xem transaction should cost as much as a paper clip does according to a dynamic vote of all Xemholders vested since 1 year ago or a similar model. Long established Important addresses should have more weight.

I think this thread makes evident how critical it is to solve this problem sooner rather than later if NEM is to be easily adopted by the world.

The current way of managing the xem transaction cost is risky when an onchain consensus of qualified voters seems possible. Is it possible? I certainly would like to know so I can tell people who ask me about NEM about the awesome solution NEM came up with for dynamic feesā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thank you and hope to have helped.

Why would supernodes lower fees tho if that how they make their money?

Supernodes would earn less Xem by harvesting, but in the long run it makes no sense to Hodl 3M xem and make 3% nem/nem if the blockchain is not usable and people start to realize.

This is a big problem we need to solve.

Doing hard forks every time the price changes is not a sustainable option. Will lead to NEM classic, Nem Cash, Nem Goldā€¦etc.

We here at LuxTag are a bit desperate regarding this fee adjustment and business planning security.
However - as seen in the past often - we believe NEMā€™s master-brains will come out with a stealth solution to this problem out of the blue one day.
Hope that will be very soon :wink:

I have an idea that may help. What if the fee is set to decrease in proportion to the ammount of accounts with a certain level of activity? This way, the more accounts using Nem, the lesser the fee, assuming more accounts with legitimate activity means more demand, means higher price in fiatā€¦

I guess this is not important enough, or discussing here is no longer the placeā€¦

Anybody can point me to the relevant space to discuss this humongously imporant topic?

Hello Developers or Foundation people,
-Bump-
Please respond with your view on this topic.
Whatā€™s NEMā€™s ā€œbusiness logicā€ in place for this?
Rene