NEM Mainnet Faucet OPEN!

@namuyan -san, why are you using cookies to save the data for NEM faucet?
I lost it because I had to change pc, is there any way to recover it?

Please read announcement in this topic. Withdrawal was disabled on purpose (against spammers).

Why not cookies ? Having a database for such purpose would be quite overkill and consume more resources.
Also, it is your responsibility to backup your cookies (check cookies app for chrome it works well and can encrypt cookies).

I did save the cookie on a text file on old pc. But as far as I know the cookie changes every time you get the faucet, so it seems useless to backup it.

Iā€™ve been using this faucet since last year, but everytime I came back to the site, it always reset to zero. Iā€™ve never been able to pull out any of the XEMs I got from this faucet.

If you need XEM for testing, or a small amount from mainnet, you can use this faucet:

I have coins in the faucet and withdrawals are disabled. I got a new android phone and have to send my old one in. I donā€™t know how to get the cookie to my new phone before sending old one back, AND no new members are allowed! Can someone help?

Thatā€™s correct, every time your balance changes, the cookie changes.
You have to backup your cookies on daily basis if you want to keep your balance.

You need to backup your cookies from your phone. There might be apps able to do so or you have to manually look into the folders.
Or you can try to copy paste the ā€œcookie dataā€ lines on the faucet page and paste it a new cookie you will create yourself to import on the new phone.

What is the point in continuing allowing people to claim from the faucet? Why not disable claims like you have with withdrawals?
Why not at least update the text on the claim page? This would stop wasting peoples time who are new to this faucet in trying to work out what is wrong and ending up posting here.

Also people need to put in a significant effort to reach withdrawal level, then only to be disappointed. Let them know up front. This would be easier for all.

Users will quickly come back to a functioning faucet?

Hi @namuyan, the Withdraw All button is greyed out for me. How can I withdraw my prizes?

Please read the topic before asking already answered questions:
you CANā€™T withdraw at this time. This feature was disabled due to spamming issues apparently.

1 Like

when withdraw?

1 Like

A status update on the faucet issues would be nice.

1 Like

Wait - Are you saying that a status update on the faucet issues would be nice?
Becuase that acutally is also my thinkingā€¦ !

So, what about the Faucet? Will it come back?

Surely a status update is not too much too ask after all of this time.

I think the status update on my account (NBRDGY-VJUEKJ-EOUQGQ-EDOH47-OM2VED-VZBY3V-SNZE) which cannot even access the site anymore, even though I never spammed & had 10+ xem on there is: go fuck myself, Iā€™m never seeing that money again.

I could accept it, if the author would just say: itā€™s over. Iā€™m not doing anything about this. Your money is gone.

But heā€™s busy, the software sucks, & his chief cheerleader tells us we should all consider ourselves lucky to have got even a promise of xem.

Or you could just drop the sarcasm and move on ?
What were you going to do with your 10 XEM anyway ? With the withdraw fee it would lead to 5 XEM, did you see the latest rate against USD or EUR or even BTC ? Is it too complicated for you to shell out 5$ and buy some XEM ?

In which world does anyone owes you free XEM ? Not in this one. Go cry somewhere else where faucets miraculously makes you rich.

On you implication: I donā€™t know the owner of the faucet nor am I affiliated with him. I also have a few XEM that I canā€™t withdraw. Do I come crying and imply condescendingly about it ? I donā€™t believe so.

I see a lot of complaints here, what do you need XEM for?
I mean, that small amount of XEM that faucets give away.

Are you aware too that a faucet website has several expenses? If it is not profitable the owner will shut down.

My advice is, if you need XEM:
For Development -> Use Testnet and get fake XEM at (https://xarleecm.com/en)
For Testing with real XEM-> Use mainnet and get real XEM at (https://xarleecm.com/en/mainnemfaucet).
For investing / earn money -> Buy XEM, and also ETH, BTC, and other cryptosā€¦ and make a good portfolio to invest and learn trading.

1 Like