NEM may have hard time to Reach the mass ...here is why

sorry guys i ll critic this coin…i own a lot of nem and nxt…and i respect all the hard work you did.on this project.
there are things that i and my brother dislike…though
first . i m a simple user …not a programmer …not an expert…far from understanding all the technicalities i will just relate my experience as a consumer or user
i tried many wallet including NXT Bitcoin Ethereum Nem emunie too

first design:

emunie: looks like old linux gui mmmm i personally not a fan they need to put on it a theme or something…not convincing

Ethereum :i installed last week … when i opened it …i was like wow looks very simple clean profesional and user friendly …i was asking my self …is this wallet just came out apple lab or what…i was impressed.i mean ethereum they took the design veeery seriously…they are the apple of crypto …i will give them 10/10

Bitcoin: duuude the wallet looks just ugly …i dont like bitcoin wallet i use instead Kryptokit thanks godzilla

Nxt: emmm i like the corporation theme …and i cant understand why they didn’t make it by default or even improved…beside i think many people didnt embrace nxt because of the amateurish designe of the official web site nxt.org …each time i get in i ask myself …is this the official website of a10 million marketcap software…for this crap … now they put a nice theme before was just …sell and run

nem: very strange …the forum and the blog are very appealing to the eye and good looking and profesional but but but …the wallet is awfull guys you have to hire somebody to redesign the whole crap …when i use your wallet i dont feel …i m using high quality software…we cant even change the colors like nxt …i ll give it 3/10 …if this community is targeting the mass …improving the look of the wallet is a survival priority…if NEM is more for companies…in this case it s fine…personally i just dont like the color chosen …at least add the choice to change them… each square should have some kind of color option …it s painful to use it …in the other hand beta android wallet is beautiful…bravo nice work :smiley: love it…

now communication : since we are social being communication should be priority 1

emunie: very poor 1/10
bitcoin: 10/10 very good … Andreas Antonopoulos is the god of explaining the bitcoin…to the rest
etherem: 9/10 also very active i see vitalik everywhere
Nem: 2/10 very poor some video en Japanese …and that’s it…this is the second weakness of nem you guys are too quite…i had hard time to find you on youtube… where is your andreas like person¿? if it doesnt change this wont go so far … i m not saying you r not marketing …but you are absent from the scene of social media …where is the charismatic face of the project …and the multiple conferences?
nxt: 5/10 they didn’t focus on design neither public communication weak organisation…conclusion nxt is becoming a zombie even j777 left

1 Like

a redesign of the GUI would be nice, but I’m sure that is not a priority as they are working on core functionality.

If you have GUI experience, get in touch with the team and I’m sure they could use you …

I’d like to see ETH’s wallet, could you post a screenshot?

Ethereum’s wallet is nice. One of the nicer one’s I tested it. There has been some work on upgrading lightwallet, and hopefully the new wallet will look and feel much better.

And yes, we need a better webpage, better wallet, and some more faces at conferences to help gain momentum. Without a nice product (wallet), good packaging (website), and a good salesman, NEM or most blockchains out today for that matter won’t make it.

The NIS is actually the real innovation behind NEM. 1 year, no forks, no problems, works great, nice features. But people don’t see that. They just see a wallet.

NEM is good in tech and I like it is implemented in java, which is more safe than c or c++, off-by-one error won’t likely appear in java based coins.

1 Like

I agree that we really need to direct more efforts to the wallet design. On telegram there is a group of people working on improving this and hopefully we will see some progress soon.

I also agree that we need more people going out and being public (preferably people who are likable and good looking ;)). I never really wanted to go out and be public, but I realized that no one else would, so I took up the responsibility to go and represent NEM and present at various events. I am only one person, though. With 100 people doing what I have been doing, NEM would be unstoppable.

4 Likes

Makoto is right. He originally didn’t want to go out in public and attended conferences and talk about NEM. But quickly he started to make lots of connections.

A person doesn’t have to be a core dev to talk about NEM. We have some brochures and fliers. Anybody attending a conference can easily pass them out. I have done that a couple of times and people are quite receptive. Some just say thanks for the brochure and I walk on, but many start to ask questions. These people lead to connections and it is a crucial type of networking that we need to do.

3 Likes

jabo38 - where are the links to the flyers/brochures?

Hi. You can find a lot of information in this link https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B_0Z9jDGHPxPfjRiNWJzLWl1aHZ6MEF1eXpSR0lSQ05JTzVqUEU5S2tyY2ZOSzMxZkdQd0U

The one you want is the NEM phamlet. But it was still only half done. Could use a lot more work.

Kodax was working on it, maybe he can pick it up again.

easy high barrier to entry

Can you point out the specific user failure points that cause the high barrier?

anonymous leaders and teams = can i trust this project? (comparing to eth)

maybe it’s for corporate not for average users = dev busy working in the background less members doing “customer service” and “noise/hype”

average users dont see the benefit for them using nem (i do cos of poi - i think it is fairer)

for average users is how can i get free xem and how do i make a profit

nem: very strange (…) the wallet is awfull guys you have to hire somebody to redesign the whole crap (…) it s painful to use it …in the other hand beta android wallet is beautiful…bravo nice work :smiley: love it…

I assume you’re talking about NCC. NCC will be deaded soon.

now that ETH/DAO having all these dramas…do u like them still? :wink:

Haha, how stupid…

I think anonymous transactions is a tendency we would like to adopt.

All NEM wallets are terrible !!! Hire some Indian on Freelancer.com he/she will make you much better one in a week and charge you like 20$ lol

NanoWallet will have facelift soon, functionality have been priority one.

There is another reason - NEM burned a lot of its initial investors with the whole stake claiming and redemption fiascos, and then they delete all the messages they can about it. For that we have governments, cryptocurrency is supposed to be more about community, and especially NEM. But it is not and I think it is too late. It is not even a lot of money for a stake, but it is about the principle - how can you trust a community that does that? The founders have all made enough money so now they don’t care any more and there will always be people who hate NEM until they come clean. But they enjoy telling people “no too late” too much. :frowning: