NEM Namespace Profitability

Hey guys,

I have just added 25k nem to wallet to start some delegated harvesting; as i figured it would be better served here than sat in my polo wallet.

I have been reading about namespaces and mosiacs, 5k to set one up… is this 5k a one off fee or does it work like a vested balance (ie can be wiithdrawn)? Once setup, is there a ROI or are we doing this for the good of the network? If there is a ROI, how is this comparable to harvesting?

Would love to setup a masternode but a 3 million initial stake is a bit out of my reach at this moment. A shame really as i have an Azure stack at my disposal …

Cheers

Hi!

My understanding is that the 5000 XEM for a name-space is a direct one-off cost. It goes into a sink account.

A namespace must also be renewed annually, at 5000 XEM

ok and what is the return for owning a namespace?

A namespace is not an investment and there will be no return.

It is a cost, to have something similar to a domain name, or your company’s website. I would suggest to read the White Paper, all the details are very clear in there.

1 Like

Namespace costs 5k XEM per year. In the beginning it was 50k XEM but it was lowered to 5k XEM. It will be lowered further if the price of XEM will keep rising.