NEM silver coin for all stakeholders?

Can I deduct from this that the AE will be working once NEM goes live?  ;D

No. AE is expected to be operational 4-6 months later at V1.

Anyone have good ideas for anonymizing assets?

I think giving silver coins to stakeholders is symbolically a very good thing. It really shows that this project is serious and that there is a lot of effort being put in, it is likely that the media also notices this. The price of coins and sending them is also quite low, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be done.

I think it would be a really great way to give something tangible to the community. Silver coins can last thousands of years, so I hope that people can pass this down in their family, showing them how NEM started and saved the world from economy destruction ^^

I really like this idea. My kid would love this.

I think giving silver coins to stakeholders is symbolically a very good thing. It really shows that this project is serious and that there is a lot of effort being put in, it is likely that the media also notices this. The price of coins and sending them is also quite low, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be done.

I think it would be a really great way to give something tangible to the community. Silver coins can last thousands of years, so I hope that people can pass this down in their family, showing them how NEM started and saved the world from economy destruction ^^

This is a great point! I think these coins could appeal to people who don't even care about crypto at all.

This is a great point! I think these coins could appeal to people who don't even care about crypto at all.

Honestly Makoto, you are trying everything to sell your silver coins.
But most of us don

But most of us don

But most of us don

I think it is too early for a suitable community vote.

There are a lot of posts in several threads about this. People would have to read too many pages and filter information. Many don't have the time for this.

Before you set up a community vote, please collect and concentrate all pros and cons in one post.

I am not sure if I understand it right.
You wan

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=topic=2667.msg9296#msg9296 date=1415805667]
You wan

If someone bought 5 stakes can he get gold coin?  :wink:

Neither.

I've an idealistic view. All existing coins'd be divided equally between stakeholders. Perhaps with some preferention to devs. Egalitarism. And a stake itself'd be the motivator to do community-things: writing code, designing, reasonable promotion (dislike for all non-context promos), setting network-effective businesses up and so on. You did a good community-thing? You win by gaining more instant or delayed value for your NEMs and everybody win. No need for paycheck from some centralized organization with all its bureaucracy and disappointment. There's a good way to check effective community fund size

@Makoto
We may need "Proof of Importance" on the silvercoin.
It's more like the DNA of NEM and bears symbolic meaning that this silvercoin is a proof  :)

And don't you think we need digital signature for every one of the coin to make it first metal NEM currency?

We embed an RFID chip in there and bring down its purity to 95% because of the weight and composition of the chip. :)

On a serious note, there can only be a certificate to say so. Cannot help it if someone decides to copy and fake it.

I think it is too early for a suitable community vote.

There are a lot of posts in several threads about this. People would have to read too many pages and filter information. Many don't have the time for this.

Before you set up a community vote, please collect and concentrate all pros and cons in one post.

This should be decided before launch. It won't look good to investors to have large amounts of NEM sitting around that are not decided on.

You wan

@Makoto
It's more like the DNA of NEM and bears symbolic meaning that this silvercoin is a proof  :)

And don't you think we need digital signature for every one of the coin to make it first metal NEM currency?

I think we can get a certificate of authenticity from the Perth Mint :)

@Makoto

I think we can get a certificate of authenticity from the Perth Mint :)

Makoto San,

Don't ignore my first question.
Can "Proof of Importance" be on the back of silvercoin?
I think POI is really important for NEM.

Coins contain a private key.
You will be able to import private key in your wallet and verify the balance and the importance of the account.

I can't imagine a better proof.

You wan