NEM silver coin for all stakeholders?

Hmmmmm.  I would think that "PoI" would be a pretty important think to say. 

@Makoto
We may need "Proof of Importance" on the silvercoin.
It's more like the DNA of NEM and bears symbolic meaning that this silvercoin is a proof  :)

And don't you think we need digital signature for every one of the coin to make it first metal NEM currency?

I think we can get a certificate of authenticity from the Perth Mint :)

Makoto San,

Don't ignore my first question.
Can "Proof of Importance" be on the back of silvercoin?
I think POI is really important for NEM.

Coins contain a private key.
You will be able to import private key in your wallet and verify the balance and the importance of the account.

I can't imagine a better proof.

Well I mean on the design image of NEM silvercoin, we've got "decentralization"  "NEM"  "Fan logo" "node map" " a new economy with you" " Equality" but missing the vital phrase  " Proof of Importance".

Yes, it is something missed out. We'll see on how we can do that.

Makoto, Renolteng.li meant etching that into the coin. ;)

Right, Renolteng.li?

I think it is too early for a suitable community vote.

There are a lot of posts in several threads about this. People would have to read too many pages and filter information. Many don't have the time for this.

Before you set up a community vote, please collect and concentrate all pros and cons in one post.

Am I the only one who thinks like that?

I get the feeling we are rushed into something. I dislike that.

This is the most decisive poll I have ever seen for NEM.  Not sure even sure why it was needed to be polled in the first place.

Giving out a free silver coin to each stakeholder to "celebrate the launching of NEM" (there's your line Xtester) can only be good publicity for NEM.

If the logo discussion caused some dichotomy,
it was still harmless in such way that it was "abstract".

But here we have quite a concrete result, which affect to the stakeholders (their NEMs' price as NEMs must be sold to get dollars, their anonymity, their freedom to choose when obviously there exist many options, they may get different expenses than other members because someone's country may have different toll fees for silver/gold, etc).
And that effect may harm the community.

I would not use this vote's result … at least not with "majority decides" principle.

Edit: 
before deciding this issue, someone should present all the expenses, which will come for posting one silver coin to another continent. All those will increase the amount of "must sell NEMs".

Yes, the whole concept is good I think and I agree with the comments…just one thing though, did I read somewhere about bringing the purity of silver on the coin down to 95 % or something like that? .
  I cant remember the reason but the thought of less than .999 purity doesnt sit well with me.

Yes, the whole concept is good I think and I agree with the comments........just one thing though, did I read somewhere about bringing the purity of silver on the coin down to 95 % or something like that? .
  I cant remember the reason but the thought of less than .999 purity doesnt sit well with me.

Someone was suggesting to tag every coin. Only way is to put an RFID in there. If that is the case, then the purity will come down as the RFID counts to the weight and purity of the coin.

Really it is off topic. ;)

HI. newbie here. Justbought two nem stakes and now I gets 2 silvers! thank you. no coin initiative ever do that.!

i think nem have big future.

@Makoto
We may need "Proof of Importance" on the silvercoin.
It's more like the DNA of NEM and bears symbolic meaning that this silvercoin is a proof  :)

And don't you think we need digital signature for every one of the coin to make it first metal NEM currency?

I think we can get a certificate of authenticity from the Perth Mint :)

Makoto San,

Don't ignore my first question.
Can "Proof of Importance" be on the back of silvercoin?
I think POI is really important for NEM.

You mean the words, "Proof-of-Importance"? Yes, we can add that. The design will be finalized with the mint.

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=topic=2667.msg9296#msg9296 date=1415805667]
I am not sure if I understand it right.
You wan

This is the most decisive poll I have ever seen for NEM.  Not sure even sure why it was needed to be polled in the first place.

Giving out a free silver coin to each stakeholder to "celebrate the launching of NEM" (there's your line Xtester) can only be good publicity for NEM.

I agree. It is not only giving everyone a NEM silver coin, but also creating a decentralized silver market and giving people an asset that is freely trade-able. This is a first for crypto!

I don't mind the idea of silver coins in general, it is good publicity and they are cool and i have a new world order one from a while back which is quite rare now and valuable, so i dont mind another. BUT.

1. It does seem a bit like this silver thing got pushed on us like remember the time makoto also tried to push his logo on us  ;D even though i think he is not a bad guy really in his heart.

2. Why is it being ignored to just distribute stakes to nemster and let them give to developers if they want?

3. The address thing is a problem because honestly if someone holds 1 million nem and those become valuable, it might be a real danger to some nemster for criminals to know their address. They can send to a PO Box, but that is hassle for the nemster to make it.

4. selling nemstakes by devs will create a crash even if done slowly (how slowly to buy 3000 silver oz!) maybe taking more away from original stakeholders than 1 silver coin is worth. so penalizing nemsters.

5. Why is some dude who only bought 0.1 stake on the NXT AE allowed to get the same silver coin as an investor who has a full stake from the early days? Surely a full stake holder shall get 10 coins then  ;D

Robbieboy2, thanks for the comments.

1. It does seem a bit like this silver thing got pushed on us like remember the time makoto also tried to push his logo on us  ;D even though i think he is not a bad guy really in his heart.

Actually, rockethead is the one who suggested a NEM silver for every nemster :slight_smile:

2. Why is it being ignored to just distribute stakes to nemster and let them give to developers if they want?

People will trivially vote for themselves a raise, without thought about the future of NEM or other concerns, which is why we don't want to simply redistribute or burn.

3. The address thing is a problem because honestly if someone holds 1 million nem and those become valuable, it might be a real danger to some nemster for criminals to know their address. They can send to a PO Box, but that is hassle for the nemster to make it.

I agree, so people should run their assets through a tumbler or similar method before redeeming them. It would not be good to link accounts with people and I don't plan to keep those records.

4. selling nemstakes by devs will create a crash even if done slowly (how slowly to buy 3000 silver oz!) maybe taking more away from original stakeholders than 1 silver coin is worth. so penalizing nemsters.

NEMstake has had the most volume on the NXT asset exchange, so I expect there will be enough daily volume once we hit exchanges to slowly sell off enough stakes to pay for the coins being minted. This should be done over several months.

5. Why is some dude who only bought 0.1 stake on the NXT AE allowed to get the same silver coin as an investor who has a full stake from the early days? Surely a full stake holder shall get 10 coins then  ;D

0.1 stake will get an asset token for 0.1 NEM silver, not a full coin. If someone has 10 NEMstake assets, they will get 10 coin asset tokens. Fractional tokens cannot be redeemed, but people can buy/sell on the open market until they get full stakes.

I don't mind the idea of silver coins in general, it is good publicity and they are cool and i have a new world order one from a while back which is quite rare now and valuable, so i dont mind another. BUT.

1. Push? I thought it is being voted now.

2. I am not sure about being ignored but there are close to 1000 views and people who cared would vote. For those who viewed and did not bother, they should be prepared for either way.

3. The address thing is not published. Privacy should be adhered to.

4. DEVS don't own and sell Silvers. Please don't presume DEVs are the ones doing this. They are NOT INVOLVED. A concerted sell by anyone will also crash. Exercised with caution and responsibility should not rock the price too hard. At least it is better than handing it all out and everyone selling them just the same. I don't understand the logic. And if you say that not everyone will sell, I don't buy that either because no one can  guarantee that claim.

5. Yes, if the guy who bought 0.1 stake gets a silver, the guy who GOT the full stake for free will get 10 Silvers, in that proportion. But we are only giving out 1 silver  for 1 stake. If you have got 0.1 stake you need to buy 0.9 silvers from the AE to make up that 1 stake to claim a silver.

2. I am not sure about being ignored but there are close to 1000 views and people who cared would vote. For those who viewed and did not bother, they should be prepared for either way.

Please, at least don't ignore it: https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2667.msg9386#msg9386

Oh come on... Thats what a lot of companies are saying. Nobody thought you were publishing the addresses of the stakeholders... But there might be a leak and that is a risk.

Please, at least don't ignore it: https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2667.msg9386#msg9386

Oh come on... Thats what a lot of companies are saying. Nobody thought you were publishing the addresses of the stakeholders... But there might be a leak and that is a risk.

Nope not ignoring. Heard you loud and clear. For any community project of similar nature where consensus is part of a decision making process, this always will happen - you cannot please them all and a decision must be made.

"Nobody would have thought we were publishing addresses." You really want that? If I tell you there were only 5 socks and I keep the rest, how's that? We won't have to discuss anything now. If I tell you everyone claimed and I keep the rest, wouldn't it be good?

Sometimes we have to be realistic in what we really want. Decisions have to be made. It does not matter if we have to decide it in a short period of time or a long period of time. And it is hard that decisions can be made that will make everyone happy.

Sometimes you are with the majority and sometimes you are not. But still you will have to accept the outcome and move on. I was ok with the Tomoe, but many people did not. And so they chose the current logo. Then we move on.

If we do not agree to an outcome, whether we like it or not, then consensus is not for us. And so we should centralize our thoughts and chart the progress from a single control point.

Yes, peoples' personal data should be encrypted and the data destroyed after we are done.

But here we have quite a concrete result, which affect to the stakeholders (their NEMs' price as NEMs must be sold to get dollars, their anonymity, their freedom to choose when obviously there exist many options, they may get different expenses than other members because someone's country may have different toll fees for silver/gold, etc).

I would not use this vote's result .. at least not with "majority decides" principle.

Edit: 
before deciding this issue, someone should present all the expenses, which will come for posting one silver coin to another continent. All those will increase the amount of "must sell NEMs".

This all enthusiasm which the "silver coiners" have is naturally understandable, but still there MUST BE exact plans and estimations about the expenses. Without such it is just a discussion of possibilities.

And: also a vote, where has not been - beforehand - defined the rules, is just a consultative vote without any volition.
(I am surprised that people have passed this through their eyes, though here (and in BTT) have been so many, who have talked about legal issues in other discussions... :(

okay ... checked the top of this page: this is a consultative vote )

I would not use this vote's result .. at least not with "majority decides" principle.

Edit: 

This all enthusiasm which the "silver coiners" have is naturally understandable, but still there MUST BE exact plans and estimations about the expenses. Without such it is just a discussion of possibilities.

And: also a vote, where has not been - beforehand - defined the rules, is just a consultative vote without any volition.
(I am surprised that people have passed this through their eyes, though here (and in BTT) have been so many, who have talked about legal issues in other discussions... :(

The silver cost is $120 shipped to your door step.

Edit: 

The silver cost is $120 shipped to your door step.

That is insured, worldwide shipping. So the total costs depend on how many final stakeholders we have.

There are plenty of stakes to afford this, though.