NEM Supernode Rewards Program

In 2017-04-26 22:54
I was running the computer with celeron processor N3000

I’m going to leave connected the computer with Intel i5 processor with 8gb tonight but the tests I did a few days ago gave me the same result.

As the network goes, because the other day you said that there was only one node in Spain and that could be a problem for the network. Does the network depend on the proximity of the other nodes?

Well, the quality of a connection usually depends on the distance to the remote node. But the tests have shown that the connection itself is good enough, just the precessing power was poor. Let’s see if the i5 is doing better.

Edit: just checked, it seems your node passed all tests in round 1974.

Please disable supernode “ttsn”

Done.

Thank you very much for the support, I finally got it.

The changes made are as follows:
The computer is next to the router, previously it was in another room connected with a cable of 20m.
I have put my laptop to work that has an Intel i5 2340M processor with 8Gb. The previous equipment was an Intel N3050 with 8Gb.

I’m going to buy a computer with intel i5 6260U and Ram 8Gb to leave the node working definitively. I hope that with this equipment works perfectly since it has better process than my current laptop.

As for collecting the rewards, how much to wait to receive the first payment ?. There is some document in which you specify, if you can fail the tests from time to time or each failure leaves you without receiving rewards X days. etc.

thank you very much again

Your node must pass alll tests four times to get a reward.
Rewards are paid on a daily basis.
Next payment is for rounds 1973-1976. Since your node started at round 1975 to pass tests it is not eligible to receive a rewards for those rounds. But if it keeps passing test it can get the reward for rounds 1977-1980 and later rounds.

Thank you for the support!

I am interested in becoming a supernode. Is it too late?

Side question: How many supernodes are there already?

Not too late. But you need to have a node with a balance of at least 3M xem.
Read the very first post of this thread to learn more.

~410 supernodes passed all tests yesterday.

Hi BR,
created NEM_Cloud_3 server at the same hoster as _2.
I also configured the node similar to the other two super nodes I have, but the supermodels browser shows that all my tests fail (only balance passes).
Not sure what is going wrong here. Do you have some more insight data, what might have been wrongly configured?
Thx.

Neither
supernode.nem-blockchain.solutions:7890/node/info
nor
supernode.nem-blockchain.solutions:7880/nr/metaData
responds.
Are both servers up and are the ports open?

Thanks BR, it was a misconfiguration of the server. Initiated a new install and now it seems to work.

I am getting ready to join the Supernode program, I just need 10 more days to transfer all my xems out of the exchange into my wallet. 2 questions. Can I start the servant now just to make sure my hardware and internet speed is qualified? If anything fails the test, will there be a log where I can see the reason so I can fix/upgrade it?

@awu25 you can see any reason for failing once your supernode is listed and up and running here:
supernodes.nem.io

For example just click on a super node and you see the details up top:
https://supernodes.nem.io/details/1

Bandwidth, height, version, etc… should all pass except balance in your case, unless you have 3MM coins.

1 Like

According to this page https://www.nem.io/faq.html, “The NCC is recommended not to be located on the same terminal as the NIS if you want to keep the NIS always on.”. Is there any instruction I can find on how I can accomplish this? having NIS and NCC on separate terminals?

You can change the settings in NCC to use a remote NIS. So NCC would be running on one (probably local) computer and NIS would run on a vps (if it is a supernode).

I changed the nem.host ip to a computer that is running the NIS but ncc still says “NIS is not available”. What am I missing?

what ip are you using?