NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Yep. its not there now. Weird. I am not imagining things though.:slight_smile: others saw it on Btt

I think the XEM team is the team name in Poloniex.
I think that I was just upgrading the NIS server.

thanks

Does anybody have an idea on how much RAM/CPU each harvester consumes? I just set nis.unlockedLimit = 32 on all my nodes and noticed one of them that now has 14 harvesters is hardly effected so I’m wondering how high I can safely set this.

@tehfiend: I don’t know exactly how much RAM / CPU it uses but it should be neglectable.

If my delegate harvest private key is already in supernode config file and I manually turn off delegate harvesting in UI(to free up slots), will it continue to harvest?

I think that the key list described in the super node only enables harvesting at super node startup.
If stopped manually, harvesting will stop and slot free will increase.

@BloodyRookie I think, is it wrong?

1 Like

Yes, that should be correct.

2 Likes

Guess I will try 256 and see what happens :D. Any idea why the default is set so low?

We thought most normal node owners don’t want so many harvesters to harvest on their node. For supernodes it is a bit different because they are meant to provide the necessary slots for the Nano Wallet users.

That makes sense since harvesters are competing for blocks so in the future if fees increase node operators would likely be less interested in helping others harvest. Might make sense to officially increase the slot requirement for supernodes since many are still using the default limit of 4.

The provider changed the IP address of the computer on which the node is installed. I sent a message with a new ip address to the address specified in the instructions. It took more than 6 hours, but while the IP address in the statistics has not changed. What is the problem ?

you have sent:

change ip 91.76.242.186 toâ 91.76.239.197

notice the “â”, that is probably why it didn’t work.

The letter “a” is not in the message

it is i think:

One thing I get into is that you are concerned about being displayed in Nembex even though it may not be displayed by NanoWallet (it depends on OS and Unicode version).

I definitely want to find out the cause.

thanks

I just sent a message again, please check

It worked this time.

@BloodyRookie Please disable cybersupernode88. Message sent to NALICE-PFLZQR-ZGPRIJ-TMJOCP-WDNECX-TNNG7Q-LSG3.
Thanks

That node is deactivated since almost 3 months ^^

I have a newfound interest in NEM/XEM but very little real knowledge. It happens I have an exceptionally powerful server that I am thinking to repurpose in crytocurrency somehow and I thought of making it an NEM Supernode. However, it appears that a more powerful server is not rewarded any more or any more frequently than an antique laptop pulled off the scrapheap. Am I wrong here?

What I have is an 8-way, scale-up server from HP, a ProLiant DL980 G7 with eight 10-core Xeon processors, 512GB of RAM, a super low-latency 2.4TB Fusion IO drive, and a 30TB RAID array in addition to the two boot drives (mirrored). It is presently running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 but could in theory be set up to run another Linux build. My internet connection is a cable modem working through a Gigabit router. The entire system is protected and supported by a 3KVA HP uninterruptible power supply.

My question is: will this kind of server have any special utility as a supernode or could it be used in some other way to generate XEM better than an ordinary computer? I’m looking for some special advantage because it really is remarkable hardware but it takes a lot of electricity to run compared to an ordinary PC. Plus, of course, the days of CPU mining seem to be behind us.