NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Hello.

Recently since August 10th my node started to fail every test.
I have restarted the NIS and the servant but that did not help in any way.

https://supernodes.nem.io/details/125

I have put the last NIS logs here:
http://37.59.120.16/nis.log.gz

Maybe something can be figured out from that.

I’m still using the older node version “nis-ncc-0.6.91”.

You should update your Node and your Java version too.

Post from BR: " Supernode owners should upgrade to the new version. The reference NIS will be upgraded on August 13th. Supernodes with versions prior to 0.6.93 will fail thereafter."

Looks like the servant was down on your node for some time. After you restarted it, it need some time to gain some ping information for other tests. Now your node will start to pass the tests again.

As garm said, you should upgrade NIS because i will upgrade the reference NIS today.

It seems it has passed the last test even if i have not upgraded the node yet.
It required some time to work again.
I thing i saw somewhere in the forum that the fork will be around August 20th therefore i thought i still had some time to upgrade.

Anyway i will try to upgrade the java and the node today if i find out the proper way to do it.
I will let you know when I’ m done with the upgrade.

Thank you both for your help.

I upgraded the reference NIS to version 0.6.93, all supernodes running older versions will fail the version test.

2 Likes

@BloodyRookie, @Quantum_Mechanics
Hello.

I have finally updated my node with the latest java version + latest nis version
and switched to NanoWallet by deactivating the remote delegate harvesting in NCC
and activating in NanoWallet which generated a new delegated private / public keys.
I see the node is passing the tests now but i still have the old bootkey in the configuration
of nis and servant.
Can i still leave the old boot key in place in nis and servant configuration as it is for the reward and also add the new delegated private key to nis.additionalHarvesterPrivateKeys
to have the remote harvesting automatically activated,
or I really need to change (replace) that old key in nis and servant configuration with the new delegeted private key to be able to collect the reward and remote harvest at the same time?

@BloodyRookie
In that case if I update the configuration with the new key is it enough that I sent you
the new public key of the delegated harvesting account so that you can update your database
or do i need to pass the whole procedure to join again the supernode reward program?
The IP address of my node is (will be) same.

Thanks.

If you changed the delegated harvesting key then you

1. need to adjust the key in the NIS / Servant config.
  2. I need to manually deactivate your node and add a new entry in the db.

To do so, send a message to NALICE-PFLZQR-ZGPRIJ-TMJOCP-WDNECX-TNNG7Q-LSG3
containing the new delegated key from the account you used to enroll the node originally.

Hello.

1. done
  2. message with delegated public key sent

Let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks.

Here is the new entry:

https://supernodes.nem.io/details/801

Quite a few supernodes are still running a version prior to 0.6.93. I will disable all those supernodes on August 20th if they do not get upgraded till then.

2 Likes

Hi there! Quite a beginners question, but could you please inform me what could possibly happen if I don’t update my nanowallet to the version you mentioned?? Thanks in advance!

@BloodyRookie

Hello,
I would like to change the ip address of my nodes.
I sent messages to the following account so please change them
NAFUND-BUKIOS-TMD4BN-XL7ZFE-735QHN-7A3FBS-6CMY

hash: 7475a75af00ea6e34dcd2454fe34122f1ca3353c98b3672acbbe11f059b8ee53
hash: 2f38d5e8390d97b423163ef4304230ecde54d356e33d011f65a4a584bbedf64b

Thank you

Nano Wallet has nothing to do with the supernodes. But there will be a new version of Nano before the fee fork on August 20th. If you don’t upgrade you will most likely pay fees that are way to high since the old Nano Wallet assumes a different fee structure.

Node rewards master is down for maintenance. Hopefully will be up soon.

1 Like

Node reawards master is up again, payouts will be delayed due to maintenance, sorry

1 Like

I have changed them manually.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind reply!!

Hello
I’m trying to setup my supernode with java9 package, but NIS do not want to work with him.
When i change back to java8 all works correctly, but when i change to java9 again NIS reports many errors
starting with

“WARNING Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘nisAppConfig’: Injection of autowired dependencies failed;”

and shutdown.
I’m noob in linux, please help.
(Debian 8 64bit)

I think just using java 8 is the easy solution.
If you want you can upload the NIS log and i will take a look at it.

but with java8 does not pass version check, or did I misunderstand something?
With java8 and NIS 0.6.93 BETA version check reported 0.6.91 BETA

I restarted node (185.166.239.27) with java8, can you see, it works correctly?