NEM Supernode Rewards Program

Do I need VPS with 4GB now?

If you have trouble with your node, upgrading to 4GB will most likely solve the problem.

I got it only last 1 week. It worked fine during 5-6 months

Last week was the WeChat airdrop. many new accounts were created. That increased the amount of memory needed.

Got you, tnx. Will order 4 GB vps.

Dear Bloody Rookie

I try to “root@sub******:~# java -Xms3G -Xmx3G” , but there is no change
allcated memory.

Why no change??
Please tell me what is wrong.

Thank you.

i guess that means that you are not using the provided startup script? Can you provide some additionla information about your setup?

It changes the parameters in nix.runNis.sh.
It is not intended to be executed by itself.

Dear Bloody Rookie

What is startup script?
I don’t know that tell you my supernode infomation

Thank you.

Again i have to ask what setup are you using? is that a provider that provides scripts for setting up a supernode?

I’m also getting a failing Supernode.

I just upped my node to 4GB RAM.

But what should the nisStart.sh & servantStart.sh parameters be with 4GB?

Dear Bloody Rookie.

So sorry.

My supernode’s server specification is following
・server : GMO-CLOUD co. vps 4GB
・os:ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Right? this imformation?

Thank you

Servant’s start script remains at 256M and there is no problem.

Thanks

What about nisStart.sh -Xms & -Xmx for 4GB?

It depends also on the OS difference, even in personal setup method
, The optimum value will change. If possible, I would like you to judge while looking at the situation.
As a guide, if the physical memory is 4 GB, I think that the memory allocated to NIS should be about 2800 MB.

I think that the same value is good for Xms and Xmx. By doing that setting, you can check the memory usage of Java and overhead when increasing the heap size is gone.

In Java, it is not a simple addition because it uses more memory than the specified memory.
For example, in the case of 16 GB physical memory, about 11 GB is the memory allocated to NIS.

thanks

allocating 3G failed on me with 4G vps memory setup. Per bloodyrookie’s recommandation this is the script I changed to and so far it’s been working for 2 days java -Xms2800M -Xmx2800M -cp “.:./:…/libs/” org.nem.deploy.CommonStarter

Does the provider have an install script or did you install NIS + servant?
If there is an install script, you should ask the provider where to adjust the parameters for NIS heap.

Hi,

I have windows VPS.
I have Xms512M and Xmx1G runNIS.bat.
I changed to “Xms2G and Xmx2G” and bat file didnt run. Tried 3G/3G - the same, working only with 1G/1G.

Is there any way to fix it?
Thanks in advance

What is the error message if you try to run it with 2G or 3G?
Do you have the 64 bit version of java8 installed?

BloodyRookie thanks.

Installed java 64 bit and it helped.

Thanks!