NEM Symbol Wallets Release - discussion thread

I have just created an update thread for the Wallets here:

The comments are disabled on the thread to allow for clear communication and announcements but we would welcome any and all feedback, discussion, comments etc on this thread please.

Please read the announcement and we will try and check in on this thread regularly to ensure we are engaging proactively while we work through this issue (and beyond)

5 Likes

Quick and Dirty JP translation - apologies for errors.

これは、ウォレットの現状と状況をどのように解決しようとしているかについてのコミュニティのための更新です。

それは、我々が更新情報を投稿することができ、それが簡単に読めるように、コメントを無効にして、真実の単一のソーススレッドと同様に投稿されています、2番目のポストは、議論を可能にし、入力を収集するために作成されます。私たちは入力をしたいのですが、私たちはまた、人々のための簡単な情報ポイントが欲しいので、2つのスレッドを分割します。

まとめ

要約すると、Walletsが遅れており、これまでのすべてのTestnetでリリースされたもの(3ヶ月のソークバージョンを含む)は十分ではありません。これは12~18ヶ月前に遡る問題で、5月下旬にNEM StudiosからSDK/RestとWalletsをNEM Foundationから引き継いだNEM Groupよりも前に遡ります。私たちはそれが問題であることを知っており、コミュニティはそれが問題であることを知っており、私たちはそれを修正し、計画を持っているために強力なプッシュが必要です。

私たちが提示することができるいくつかの緩和状況がありますが、私たちは、このポストで以前に来たことにぶら下がったり、困難な会話や問題を解決するためにより良い使用することができますエネルギーを無駄にしたくありません。

現在の状態

ウォレットの現状は以下のようにまとめることができます。

モバイル: 過去にこのプロジェクトのために作成されたコード/アーキテクチャは質が悪く、特に Ui/UX やデバイス間での一貫した表示、リブランディング、画面間でのコンポーネントの再利用に問題があります。このコードベースはすでにリファクタリングが開始されており、UI/UXの作業も開始されています。これらの問題のほとんどは、チームが同じフレームワークを使用しているオプトインモバイルアプリケーションの Ui/UX を修正しようとするまで明らかになりませんでした。

デスクトップ: コードの構造は合理的ですが、機能や機能が実装されている方法はあまり良くなく、現在のバージョンには多くのバグや問題があります。また、Ui/UX は優れておらず、私たちが必須と考えている機能が存在せず、まだ着手されていないものもあります。私たちの推定では、これを必要な状態にするためのテスト/開発時間は約90-100日(経過時間ではなく、合計)あります。

要件。上記のウォレットはいずれも最近まで適切な要件文書を持っていなかったため、これらの要件がすべて揃っているかどうかを確認したり、動作するかどうかをテストすることが非常に困難でした。NEMグループは、7月下旬から8月上旬にかけてこの問題を発見し、様々な人たちと協力して、信頼性の高い要件書を過去に遡って作成し、どのようなギャップがあるのかを調べてきました。これは、テストネットを時間通りに立ち上げ、オプトインをリリースし、その他多くのことを立ち上げることに集中するのと並行して行わなければなりませんでした。5月下旬から6月初旬までの間に、このギャップを認識して修正できるようになるまでに2ヶ月かかりましたが、これは他の多くのローンチクリティカルな作業と並行して行われました。この作業は、昨年の一般発売日の連絡を受けていたため、前の所有者が完了させるべきリカバリー作業として認識されていたため、技術チームの主な焦点となっています。

タイムライン。最近、ウォレットには定義されたタイムラインや満たすべき要件がなかったため、品質が遅れていない/不足しているという話を何度か耳にしました。我々はこの発言に同意しません。最低でも2020年9月にはテストネットの準備ができているはずですが、昨年伝えられたタイムラインを考慮すると、それ以降にプロトコルで追加された新機能(Finality、Voting、BLSなど)を除いて、2019年第3四半期までには準備ができているはずです。我々は、それらが大幅に遅れていると考えており、これはデスクトップ、モバイル、ハードウェアウォレットに適用されます。

計画

ここからの計画。現実を直視してみましょう、これは重要なことであり、誰もが知りたいことです。私たちはこの1週間、社内外の様々なチームと計画を練り、11月20日までにウォレットをリリースするために何が必要かを正確に把握してきました。

以下は何が起こるかを示していますが、すべてが可能な限り公開され、そのほとんどについてコミュニティからの意見を求めています。

私たちはこの投稿に、作業中の要件文書のコピーを添付して返信します。私たちはすべてのMust要件と可能な限り多くのWould要件をターゲットにしています。もし、その中にないものがあれば、ディスカッションスレッドへのフィードバックを奨励しています。
最初の Ui/Ux リフレッシュデザインは今週末までに最終決定され、コミュニティでの議論や好き嫌いなどのために公開される予定です。
ローンチに間に合わないものは、ローンチ後すぐにロードマップの項目で検討されます。これはタイムスケールの関係上、デスクトップ向けに磨きをかけていくことになりますが、モバイル向けは、すでに何人かが見たことのある Opt In モバイルアプリのエクスペリエンスに合わせていくことになります。
今週から2週間のスプリントが始まり、その後1週間のスプリント、その後1週間の安定化/バグ修正スプリント(4週間)が行われる予定です。
各スプリントでは、そのスプリントが何を提供しているかを確認することに焦点を当てたプランニングセッションが行われ、セッション後すぐにフォーラムやこのスレッドで公開されます。
各スプリントでは、テストとウォレットのリリースを行います。理想的には、コミュニティでの使用、テスト、問題点、フィードバックなどを可能にするために、可能であれば、使用可能な一般公開を行います。
Github - 公開されている github にコミットされます。
CI/CD ジョブは、興味のある人のためにデスクトップウォレットの毎晩のリリースを作成するために設定されます。
私たちはデスクトップウォレットを優先していますが、同じ日までにモバイルウォレットのMVPが完成することを期待しています。また、必要に応じてローンチ後すぐに提供される優れた機能も期待していますが、それほど大きなものではありません。
私たちの見解では、ウォレットがあまりにも長い間遅れているという事実を明確にしたいと考えています。

現在は、ソークテスト期間の最後の数週間は、テストネットで使用可能なウォレットを使用できるようにする計画を立てています。また、問題を修正するためには多くの作業が必要であることを認識しており、開発者とテスターの混合チームがこの問題に専念しており、11月20日に向けて可能な限り多くのことを公の場で行う予定です。

すべてのプロジェクト作業と同様に、これが達成されない可能性があるリスクがありますが、我々は可能な限りそれを軽減しています、もしそれが11月20日のオン/アラウンドまでにこれを提供することができない場合、我々はウォレットがテストネットで確実に浸してテストするのに十分な時間を持っていないため、ローンチの遅延についての議論の領域に入ることになります。私たちはまだそこには至っておらず、これを回避しようとしていますが、これは大きなリスクであり、それが存在するという事実をできる限りオープンにしていきたいと考えています。

次に期待される連絡は以下の通りです。

要件ドキュメント(24時間以内
第1回目のスプリントプラン(24~48時間
Ui/Uxのリフレッシュ(今週末か来週初旬)。
また、CI/CDが利用可能になったらすぐに、どのようにしてCI/CDを見てレビューすることができるのかをここでお伝えします。

チームはすべてのフィードバックやコメントに耳を傾けていますが、そのすべてに返信するのが難しい時もあります。上記の内容がご理解いただけると思いますので、今後もこのトピックについて、できるだけオープンに、そして頻繁にコミュニケーションを取っていきたいと思います。

6 Likes

Chinese translation:
:cn: http://www.itechly.com/articles/2839.html

I have the experience and team to develop wallet. Willing to help if needed

9 Likes

it should have no impact on network launch

keep in mind ethereum also started without a gui wallet

6 Likes

So after this update can we expect even more delays for launching SYM and snapshot postponed again?

Hello, it’s XYM.

The team has been working hard to achieve the promise. I think we should give encouragement. No one wants to procrastinate repeatedly. The pressure on the team members is very high. I believe they are working hard for us…

I always think so.
I also hope that everyone can support each other.

5 Likes

Updates have been made to the announcement thread:

• Requirements document
  • Sprint Plans and Roadmap
  • Hosted dev version of the desktop wallet with nightly builds set up
  • Refreshed and new features in Ui/Ux
5 Likes

Anyway, testing the harvesting needs to be a top priority.
At this point, it’s critical that no one can do deligated harvesting from the Desktop wallet.
This is a test on block generation. Please make it a top priority.

6 Likes

I think the new UI/UX has improved. I like it. But I don’t think news is necessary for the content of the wallet. Delivering newspapers “in the safe” is nonsense. We know how to read the same news outside the safe.

The resources of setting up news may be small, but I think it’s better to cut back on what little is unnecessary.

3 Likes

Current release plan for this functionality is 9th November (end of Sprint 2) for a public ready release.

The web wallet that shows nightly build will start adding the functionality as it is completed between 2nd Nov and 9th, so part of the functionality may be available on the web wallet (untested) earlier than the 9th.

3 Likes

In response to NEM Symbol Wallets - plan for release by Nov 20th where you ask for feedback.
I’d like to see a very clear “SEND” icon to send out coins/messages in the main view. As of now, it seems like the “send” feature is hidden under “Transfer”.
TBH, it took me some time to locate the feature to make a transaction.
And, the wording “Transfer” is not really what I was looking for. I wanted to SEND or MAKE TRANSACTION. Yes, Transfer is not wrong, but not what I expected.

4 Likes

That’s very nice to see progress and your hard work really appreciate. Sir do you think desktop wallet will complete till 20th Nov and what abt progress .Can we expect that everything will go fine

1 Like

The team are working on the Sprint 1 release as I type, it is still planned to be released today at this time, there is nothing to suggest 20th of Nov will not be met at this time.

Props to @tresto who I think spotted the pull request on Github within a few minutes, certainly the first person I saw post it!

The main thread will be updated once the PR is accepted, build is working and release has been tagged. In the mean time you can see the progress on the nightly build server as always: http://desktop-build.symboldev.com/

Sprint 2 is focussed on harvesting primarily and there will be another release on 9th of Nov 2020

3 Likes

I’m more concerned about that because I’ve heard that the Symbol test nodes are unstable. I hope that’s not a big problem. Thank you.

1 Like
2 Likes

The issues that have been reported are being looked into

1 Like

I have not heard this. Do you have more information?

1 Like

I’ve heard that many people are struggling with test nodes, including continuous synchronization failures. I don’t know the details; I think @GodTanu knows.

1 Like

I think this is all about the problems with the installation. The test nodes run stable.
This shows very clearly how important good documentation, but also helpful tools(symbol-bootstrap) that run without problems are in order to operate a node.
There should be precise step-by-step instructions, but also Tools that automate many steps.
It´s important to empower as many different people, projects, etc., as possible to run a node. That should be our goal and that is exactly what makes a stable network.

5 Likes

Agree with @garm

Step-by-step, copy paste commands into the terminal are essential for the average guy to run a test node. I had trouble with the last update to get a node up and running.

2 Likes