NEM vs Lisk, Waves, BitShares, Emercoin, NXT

Hello,

I see a lot information and noise in russian telegramm chats, getcoin.today site about NEM, but I don’t understand difference between NEM and Lisk, NEM and Waves,NEM and BitShares,NEM and Emercoin, NXT and NEM.

Is NEM best?

Sorry, for English, it’s google translator.

Thanks.

it is very hard to compare those in a few words but I’ll try.

NEM has 4 full-time professional devs. I don’t think those other platforms have that.

NEM has not ever had any major network problems and launched with fully functioning network, nodes, features, and wallet and has been running well ever since.

NEM has a very rich feature set including multisig contracts, 3 kinds of messaging, namespaces, and highly customizable assets. These have been tightly integrated and complement each other very well.

NEM spends almost all its marketing resources on trying to get deals with real companies, not posting on forums trying to get people to invest. While in the short term this hasn’t worked out so well, we still believe that in the long term it is the best way forward.

NEM has had no major scandals, scams, hacks, or investor manipulations.

That is enough about NEM. I will not go through each of the platforms that you mentioned and point out bad things because that is not my style, so instead I will try to say one positive thing about each of those other platforms.

NXT has probably the most features of any other blockchain and has been a great inspiration for NEM to look at and learn from.

Waves original code was written by Kushti who is maybe the best Russian blockchain developer and an amazing blockchain pioneer. I wish Kushti would come to NEM. :slight_smile:

Lisk has a marketer named Max who is really really good at his job. I wish he would come to NEM. :slight_smile:

Bitshares was a really interesting idea and a great blockchain experiment.

Emercoin is along with Dash one of the most innovative and interesting PoW like coins. The developers have done a lot of good things considering they started out with a fork of Bitcoin. Had they been using new code built from the ground up and offering the rich features and security of NEM, I’m sure they could have done some amazing things. I wish the Emercoin devs would come to NEM too. They are a talented team. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Another difference is that if NEM community makes a mistake, they just hide it and delete the accounts of anybody who talks about it, so nobody will know unless they have been around long enough. I know I don’t trust people who do that. I’m surprised that I could re-register, as my IP address was even blocked just because I asked why I could not claim my stake for investing in the ICO. It turns out there was just a small “redemption period” and also that they denied around 25% of people who invested because of possibility of “sock puppet” accounts, and there was some big fight between some of the original founders. I guess it’s all related.

I know I was very excited by NEM and am still intrigued by this community, which is why I keep checking back despite being “kicked out”… I just think it’s wrong to sweep your mistakes under the carpet. Mistakes that is not too late for them to fix.

there was just a small “redemption period”

This is very inaccurate. The redemption period was more than adequate and was extended multiple times so only the most extremely negligent stakeholders would have missed their chance. You have to draw the line somewhere. Anybody can google the history to see the great efforts put in to allow as many legitimate people to claim their stake as possible.

Sometimes people’s sense of entitlement astounds me.