New to NEM Would Like Help to Get Started

Hi guys, new here.

I have been researching NEM recently and I want to get involved, to get some NEM, to start harvesting etc.

Problem is I am in the UK and I’m finding it difficult to find somewhere I can buy NEM. I found one place but they’re charging >20%.

As far as I understand it I can’t even harvest NEM until I’ve made transactions with it.

Can anyone direct me to somewhere that I can buy some NEM in the UK and get started?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome. I live in the UK and use Bittylicious to buy Bitcoin and then Poloniex as the exchange to buy NEM with BTC. Bittylicious has proven to be relatively competitive and trusty worthy over the years. They act as a secure broker between buyer and seller using a number of payment mechanism, although I’ve only ever used interbank or fast payment

HTH

KC

Thank you! I have an account with Bittylicious but the rates are very high. Have you ever tried converting the pounds into dollars to see what you’re actually paying?

I guess it depends how much you are buying and the alternatives. Very few options in the UK so transferring fiat to an international facility is also costly

That is true.

I Tweeted Changelly last night based on this thread, it looks like they have plans to expand to support other currencies. Would hurt to Tweet them as well to ensure GBP is next in-line?