New Websites Launch

The Japanese exchanges (zaif,coincheck,GMOcoin) are not yet listed on nem.io website. Japan is clearly one of the largest markets in XEM, but what marketing techniques exclude it? Interesting.

The Japanese exchanges have now been reinstated. The original nem.io website included examples of logos that we did not have permission to share. While we corrected this, and to ensure that only correct logos are shown, all Japanese logos were temporarily removed. We apologise for any confusion our mistake caused.

5 Likes

What about Europe?
… for example Spectrocoin and Bankera?
No permission to share?

It’s been 3 weeks now, and when I do a Google search for “NEM”, none of the sites show up in the top 30 results. I think the marketing team should take this issue seriously. At this stage, web marketing is not working well.

5 Likes

Hi there. We agree that optimising the websites is very important. We have been working on both organic and paid search optimisation for both ‘new’ websites. For new domains, organic search does take some time to index with Google, but we are also planning some paid search optimisation to work alongside and we are confident that this will bring Symbol and NEM much higher in the rankings.

2 Likes

nem.io isn’t a new domain, but it has fallen to the lower of the search. SEO is all about domain power.
nem.io is a bit of a traditional domain, so it’s a bit of a waste not to take advantage of it. You could have used a nem.io sub-domain or directory without bothering to create a new domain. Then it would have been far more efficient to run the other two new sites. That way you would have had less reliance on paid search.

I did a search for “Symbol NEM” and this came up on the third page.

2020-06-20 01-34-35-616

Only “NEM” in the title ?

And when I access it now.
https://symbolplatform.com/

I don’t think it’s optimized. It’s disappointing :pensive:

There may be professionals in the NEM community with more experience than you guys. Think about it. Your work is always being watched. Do your best. Thank you.

6 Likes

This link does not work. You should make sure your work is well done again.
https://symbolplatform.com/xym/
2020-06-22 13-50-40-617

Hello.
it seems there is a problem with the certificate for the subdomain:
support.nem.help

I get the following warning in firefox:

2 Likes

I think domain changed and now it should be:

https://support.nem.group/hc/en-us/sections/360007012931-SYMBOL-Migration-FAQ

From where is “support.nem.help” linking? At least redirect should be done.
Thanks. Will report that.

3 Likes

it was linked from the footer links on the https://nemplatform.com/
website.It seems resolved now!

Yes. We have found this one :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Who is in charge of the website?
Who is responsible for publishing a stale Japanese machine translation site?

5 Likes

Why does it take so long to just answer the person responsible for the website?

1 Like

@DanJonBob has had some trouble accessing the forum over the last 24hrs, hence the delay. This is a post on his behalf:

The Japanese website was created by the NEM marketing team.

We understand the frustration and apologise. Please be assured that we take the views of the Japanese community very seriously and are working hard to ensure that the revised copy for the website is delivered to a standard that you are happy with.

We are currently reviewing all of the translations and will be republishing the JP site once we are confident in the amendments. This process is being overseen by our Japanese marketing manager Etsuko Kanetaka.

We would also like to point out an area of misinformation in community channels regarding the creation of the translations. It is a false claim that we have used “machine translation”. We don’t, and never will.

All NEM and Symbol marketing uses professional translation services with native speaking translators who work for global blue-chip companies. We have been working with the same two person translation team since June 2020 for all Japanese communications and the quality of their work has been high. Every translation is created in a two-step process where the translation is made by a native speaking translator and then checked and verified by a second native speaking translator. Since June this team has consistently delivered translations for both marketing and NEM Group that have been reviewed by NEM Japan marketing team members.

We are currently assessing the JP website translations through a separate independent native speaking community member, as a third round of review. In addition to resolving the website copy, we are establishing a Japanese working group to focus on how we can we make things for marketing smoother in Japan. If @kitsutsukick, @GodTanu or any Japanese community member is interested in being involved it would be very helpful and welcome - please PM me if interested.

We are looking forward to a positive and productive collaboration to move things forward. Thank you for your patience

4 Likes

It is a very unfortunate excuse…
That Japanese language can only be done with machine translation…

5 Likes

It is not enough to fix the translation.
You need to correct the content of the website.

They agreed with my suggestion, too.

4 Likes

I have managed to fix forum access. we have read the article and so have the marketing team. Its good feedback and the effort is appreciated, so thank you. It can be used in the working group to ensure that as Jaguar says the target audience is understood, You have put a lot of thought into your ideas. We will discuss this in detail with the working group and ongoing to look how to improve where needed - not just translations. it would be great if you could join.

You’re a bad liar.
It was a machine translation. You’re not Japanese, you’ll never understand.

And you’ve lost your credibility.
No one likes a liar.

It’s great marketing.

1 Like

You are too much offensive from my point of view… If you want, you can help with Japanese translation. So, please do it.

1 Like

Why do you attack me?