Not Again! Wallet Disappeared! Another 100K NEM Gone?

I hate to keep coming back … but.

Just purchased some more XEM on Poloniex and then sent it to my NEM Nano wallet. After giving it time to arrive, I logged into the wallet and this is what I now get:

I would love for this to simply work and stay functional. Any thoughts as to what’s going on? I’m absolutely at the right wallet. Will check back in the morning. Tired and going to bed.

I tried reproducing the same condition.

Is the red circle of the image red?
First of all, you can change NIS server with red arrow, so please try changing to another NIS server.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help, Mizunashi. Yes, the small cloud image is red. When I select it, this is what appears:

And when I choose “Nodes List”, this is what appears:

And regardless of what I choose, I get this:

So it appears to me that it’s not connecting to any of the nodes.

so is there some other software / hardware in your setup which blocks outgoing requests?

1 Like

I’m not aware of anything. i run a VPN from time to time, but that shouldn’t be a problem. I use Safari and Brave browsers. Just tried to run it on Chrome, and there’s no wallet to select. At least “Dave’s Wallet” comes up on Safari. Wonder if I need to to use Chrome and sign up again, selecting new private wallet.

Is the port closed?

If you change the browser you will need to import the wallet again

Now this is the weirdest thing. Just now I accessed the account as usual and — voilà! — everything showed up! Used the same browser, the same wallet, password, etc. The only thing that was different was that my VPN was turned off. Can that make a difference? Is my account connected to the IP address from which is was first established?

If so, you may want to advise users that VPNs don’t work well with the light client.

1 Like

I use a VPN when I connect to nanowallet, have never had an issue getting into a wallet.

Hmmm. Well, then that’s obviously not the problem. Thx for responding.

I have the nanowallet 1.3 and added XEM from Poloniex, My password gives the message Provided password is not valid. I have the simple wallet, so no brain wallet or private keywallet. I made a copy of my password but is does not match anymore.Is there a solution?

Have you entered the password set correctly when creating simple wallet without mistake?

I tried it many times exactly as I thought that my password was. I saved the password manually in another file. Unfortunately there is no autostorage for this password.

Well, if you assume that the password is not completely incorrect at the time of creation and input, you can only think of resetting the wallet once using the .wlt file downloaded when you created the current address.
If you do not want to delete the current Wallet, we recommend that you import Wallet with another browser and try it.

Tried it with Chrome and FIrefox. No difference. Is there a restore of password possible? There should be a solution…

I’m sure this is both frustrating and disappointing to you. Not sure there’s a solution.

I don’t know your system for generating new passwords, but (1) if you don’t use a program that randomly generates strong passwords and (2) instead rely on creating them yourself and (3) you follow a pattern, then …

• could you try some variations in case you “fat-fingered” a key? Maybe systematically try out a different character directly left / right / above / below the one you thought you chose?

Thanks for your reply. I tried all variations. Unfortunately no matching password. I have my personal method for creating a password, without a password generator. Must have mistyped something. Anybody knows a brute force method for cracking my 13-character password? Any technical alternative available?

If you are confident that you have most of the correct password, you can find tools that will Crack the password based on your incorrect password input.