Pacman game: Ideas of Blockchain Features Implementation

Hello everyone !

I have been working on a pacman game (pacnem) in my spare time which I thought would be cool to link to the NEM blockchain. I have seen how easy it is to step into NEM 2nd layer app development projects and am now seeking for your imagination !

I would need a few Ideas of features implementation for this little game. (any idea may be discussed, i will decide how much time i can spend into this!)

Currently the only feature I have come up with is to save High Scores on the blockchain (sending a specific mosaic to the high score winner - potentially identified by amount or by message). As you can see, my imagination has a few limits so feel free to join here ! :smiley:

I am looking forward to reading any ideas about this! I think this game can be good for the community because it shows how easy it is to build things around NEM. Of course, anyone helping me to seriously get something good for NEM done, would be rewarded by being allowed access to this amazing game (it is already up and running but I prefer to wait for public access such that people will really use the blockchain features when i’m done with that.) :blush:

Little teaser here:

Have a great day!

2 Likes

:+1: Good work!

Yeah at this time my imagination is also limited to some gamification around high scores.
You could do weekly high score mosaics for top three and then make PacNEM hall of fame webpage that queries these mosaics to make an all time champion page or something.

Once I get to know how it works ( not the game itself obviously :slight_smile: ) I might come up with other ideas .

cool idea.

maybe have weekly competitions where winners win some XEM from a community fund.
where it costs ‘X’ XEM to enter, winner takes all …

different levels to unlock

not sure if this is what you’re asking?

You could do weekly high score mosaics for top three and then make PacNEM hall of fame webpage that queries these mosaics to make an all time champion page or something.

@Xpedite: weekly top three will be paid out in the given Mosaic yes thanks for the idea. That one is near to what I had intended, and improves my idea (because with my idea of saving high scores only, at some point people will never beat the best anymore :stuck_out_tongue: so improvement here, noting.)

maybe have weekly competitions where winners win some XEM from a community fund.
where it costs ‘X’ XEM to enter, winner takes all …

@willowfoot: interesting idea, a kind of faucet game would definitely be a good idea here too. But “pure XEM transactions” are not really what I want to look into, I would prefer deeper usage of nem features! multisig, apostille, whatever… but not bare transactions, as “cryptocurrency-only” blockchains bug me, I would like to introduce people to advanced features of nem :slight_smile: !

Thanks folks, check your PM :slight_smile:

I can’t configure the controls for PACNEM. I lose 5 hearts trying to figure out the controls. Should’ve put the controls tab.
BTW, i love pacNEM!

EDIT

Finally configured the controls, arrow keys it is. I love the proof of concept of pacNEM!
I’m experiencing lag issue btw. I don’t know if it’s an ISP issue or the game itself. I wish to play pacnem on a smooth performance.

1 Like

Hello there!

Thanks for testing out PacNEM :slight_smile: I have experienced the same Ping issues when playing against you yesterday. Unfortunately I must say that this only happened with you until now - at least that bad. Nevertheless I am going to make some improvements before it hits Mainnet, also on the Socket Protocol features.

It is in Beta exactly for this! I wouldn’t want anyone to lose real hearts so I’m glad we are in Beta here and I will address the networking issues asap :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the Support! :slight_smile:

Btw, more up to date Post: PacNEM - Pacman meets NEM - Beta Testing

3 Likes

I will close this thread, as the most relevant content is now here:
PacNEM - Pacman meets NEM - Beta Testing

Keep up the great work @gevs!

2 Likes