Passphrase in simple wallet? / password only apply by "copy paste" and not manually

Hello all,

first time here…

Please anyone could hep with two questions i have regarding the NEM wallet:

1)is there any passphrase inside the simple wallet so to write it down in case of emergency?
I wasn’t given one during wallet creation process, i just have the password and the .wlt file.

1. Password is only applied with "copy paste " action from a txt i have saved it in and is not recognisable by system when i entering it manually. Does it has to do that wallet is still in beta version?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

N.P

1. You have private key. Click Account in top right corner and on right side of view you will have input to put password. After that private key will be presented.
  2. Are you sure you putting exactly same password? It should work without problems.

Hey,

1. You are right bout the private key. The problem is that when you are at the login prompt, a password or a passphrase is required to have access at the wallet and not the private key…so i suppose it’s useless in case you forgot/lost your password…as doesn;t unlock the simple wallet
    2)Problem seems to have been solved without any action from me and now accepts entering the password manually.

Thanx for your time!

1. No. With private key you can always restore access to wallet (Sign up > Private key wallet option) . Password and login are useless in terms of restoring if you don’t have wallet file (contains encrypted private key). That’s why app warned you to backup private key!
  2. OK

It’s now clear. Thank you!

hi first time here… i buy xem back in 2017. i have my private key… i have a new computer so i am trying to back up my wallet.
when i import the wallet with the private key it show my balance in 0 … i already check the etherscan and it show 0 transactions i am scare cuz i did everything NEM told me if ineed a back up and i dont know what i did wrong.

i have my private key and pasword. (Sign up > Private key wallet option) i did that …with my private key.

i did that and the private key is presented… now what??

i have my original private key, is it posible to overwrite the privatkey tryig and make a new account with the same privatekey and overwrite the old one???

sorry my english

If you have private key you can restore wallet:

• install from Wallets - NEM and open it
  • Choose mainnet
  • Put new wallet name and password
  • Provide private key from backup
  • Create and login
1 Like

already did… i am in the wallet, but it looks like is a new wallet. the balance is in 0. and show no movements. and back in 2017 i was accumulating and i was sending from the exchanges to the wallet could i overwrite the old wallet? or delete putting a diferent pasword? with my private key and a incorrect pasword will lead me to a new wallet?

If private key is correct then no chance. Pleae check it because if you put one wrong letter you will end with completly different address.

yeaaaahhhhhhhh of course i have 1 number or letter wrong… i am so happy!!! thanks thanks thanks!!!

hi. now how or were do i see the symbol tokens? i did the optin

In Symbol desktop wallet. Will be released right after mainnet launch (tomorrow)