Password, my old nemesis

Hi all,
I recently heard about NEM and got real excited. I felt I needed to act fast before it goes to the moon.

While setting up the wallet I created a really strong password with 1password, got the address and pasted in to Poloniex to transfer some thousands of XEM only to then realized I never wrote down the really long and failsafe password. While stressing out a bit I managed to lock my self out of the GUI while trying to get the private key.
I have the all the files (including the .wlt) and have not yet purged the browser (firefox).
Is there any way to retrieve the funds or was this a costly lesson?

so you have the wlt file?..

your safe… go to NANO wallet and click IMPORT WALLET and restore the wlt file from there.

goodluck!

Thanks for the quick answer.
Yes, I have the wlt file.
Well, after import wallet I still need to sign in with a password. Which I don’t have.
Is it possible to create a new wallet and import the old?

No password and no private key available? Ugh, that sounds bad.

Yeah :confused:
Well, right now it seams you can’t do anything without the password, right?

Yes, Sadly but you cannot access your funds without the password or private key. Keepass is a very good option for strong passwords and it stores them for you as well. You just have to remember one password for Keepass where you can have multiple account passwords in a file. Next time be more careful when you handle cryptocurrency.

Darn!
Yes, password managers is a great thing and I’m very diligent with my backups… after I’m set up :stuck_out_tongue:
Now I just hasty and Ctrl+C the address before pasting the password in a separate place. A dumb mistake I hopefully won’t make again anytime soon.
Well, thanks for the support guys and now I will go learn how to harvest!

// Aslam