Pitch Ideas to help NEM to create To Do List and get Rewarded!

I am proposing that we have a list of stuff that NEM needs work on and having some of these to be have micro-stakes offered from the dev fund as rewards. The micro-stakes don't have to be worth a lot and can be voted on but it's a nice way to

[li]List stuff that needs improving/worked on[/li]
    [li]Give people some XEM and some usage for it in a very objective way.[/li]

The only part is how much would the dev fund contribute to such ideas or whether it should be crowd funded. I think this a better system than 'let's contribute to NEM and trust that they would be rewarded fairly'. I think recent events show that how one person's idea of contribution can actually be counter-productive and they would have wasted time on this.

First step is to vote on the areas of work. If you guys have any ideas on how to implement this voting that would be great.
    Second step is to specify distinct tasks that need to be done.
    Third step is to decide the quantum of the incentives. Some tasks are just flagged for dev to work on and not necessarily incentivized.
    Fourth Step is to assign the task to someone/some group and give a time frame.
    Fifth Step is to execute and then reward.

Here is a brief skeleton with stuff that I have noticed that can be fleshed out.

This also can serve as a base for a road map.

Coding
    Android wallet: i believe this is being worked on…
    Blockchain Applications

I need your help here since I'm not tech oriented.

Marketing and PR

Forums
    a)
    b)

a) Properly redirect ournem.com to nem.io
    b) Link forum more prominently
    c) Video to be featured more prominently

Blog:
    a) Nem's biggest value is in its potential. There does not seem to be an easy explanation on what's in store for NEM. To work on an announcement for this.
    b) NEM blog needs to have a link to go back to main NEM page.

Social Media
    a) Page likes generation (genuine)
    b) Generating content for the FB page etc

Real World
    a) Participation in conventions
    b) Organizing small real world meetups and briefings in local crypto communities.

Merchant Adoption
    a)
    b)

This is a very rough draft and needs a lot of work. Suggestions are welcome and I'll continue building on it.

Yeah you have a point there.

Maybe still a good idea for an initial campaign to promote the usage of the app. Could be like the app costs 4.99 and the marketing fund covers the 30% that are taken away by Apple/Google for the first 1000 people who buy it. I think having a bunch of people out there with some XEM on their phones ready to send wherever could create a nice buzz. And it's a nice introduction into the world of crypto with the shallowest learning curve possible.

It's still very intimidating for adopters to find out how to buy crypto, send money from their bank account to some company they never heard of, set up wallets and hope that everything works out…

I am proposing that we have a list of stuff that NEM needs work on and having some of these to be have micro-stakes offered from the dev fund as rewards. The micro-stakes don't have to be worth a lot and can be voted on but it's a nice way to

[li]List stuff that needs improving/worked on[/li]
    [li]Give people some XEM and some usage for it in a very objective way.[/li]

The only part is how much would the dev fund contribute to such ideas or whether it should be crowd funded. I think this a better system than 'let's contribute to NEM and trust that they would be rewarded fairly'. I think recent events show that how one person's idea of contribution can actually be counter-productive and they would have wasted time on this.

First step is to vote on the areas of work. If you guys have any ideas on how to implement this voting that would be great.
    Second step is to specify distinct tasks that need to be done.
    Third step is to decide the quantum of the incentives. Some tasks are just flagged for dev to work on and not necessarily incentivized.
    Fourth Step is to assign the task to someone/some group and give a time frame.
    Fifth Step is to execute and then reward.

Here is a brief skeleton with stuff that I have noticed that can be fleshed out.

This also can serve as a base for a road map.

Coding
    Android wallet: i believe this is being worked on…
    Blockchain Applications

I need your help here since I'm not tech oriented.

Marketing and PR

Forums
    a)
    b)

a) Properly redirect ournem.com to nem.io
    b) Link forum more prominently
    c) Video to be featured more prominently

Blog:
    a) Nem's biggest value is in its potential. There does not seem to be an easy explanation on what's in store for NEM. To work on an announcement for this.
    b) NEM blog needs to have a link to go back to main NEM page.

Social Media
    a) Page likes generation (genuine)
    b) Generating content for the FB page etc

Real World
    a) Participation in conventions
    b) Organizing small real world meetups and briefings in local crypto communities.

Merchant Adoption
    a)
    b)

This is a very rough draft and needs a lot of work. Suggestions are welcome and I'll continue building on it.

Share your ideas on project ideas and I'll add them in! Just shoot anything that you think is worthwhile to pursue to build NEM. Serious projects only pls!
Please be specific!

Rearding the mobile app:

To get adoption from averagejoes it has to be as simple as possible. People don't even want to know what a private key is. Ideally they just have to choose a strong password once and the rest is handled by the app.

The process of buying (any) crypto is way too complicated for most people. So finding a way for people to buy XEM at the click of a button would be a big step.

One idea would be to "sell" the app in the appstore for money. Let's say I buy the app for 20 EUR and it comes charged with 20 EUR worth of XEM. So that I can instantly use them and send some over to my friend after I convinced him to also get the app. There could be a free model and a pre-charged one. Maybe you could even choose the amount you want to pay and that determines how many XEM you get.

Then, ideally, there would be a way to link a bank account or debit card where I can recharge my phone with more XEM and the amount is taken from my bank account. In the same way I could exchange XEM for Fiat. Pretty much what Facebook Messenger, Google Pay and others are doing with Fiat. The advantage of crypto in this case is speed (debit transfers take between one and three days) and lower fees.

I'm not sure what's needed to implement this but it would be super-awesome and every non-techie could use it.

Maybe the link to the bank account isn't even needed and it could be like an in-app purchase. Just click here and get more XEM.

Yes, we want a way that is so easy to buy that even regular people can do it.

It's still very intimidating for adopters to find out how to buy crypto, send money from their bank account to some company they never heard of, set up wallets and hope that everything works out...

unfortunately this a very understated point. I've spoken to a LOT of people recently in a business context whereby crypto could save them either/both local taxes / bank charges but no one ever tries it despite them trusting me implicitly with thousands of euros of business per month. It's still crypto they don't trust. Here in Scandinavia there is a quite effective campaign against it (cyrpto in general) I believe.

what if there was an adaptation of multisig that meant xem/nem could be advertised as the 'safe option'...ie "send your money by xem without charge"... an app that is fiat - btc - xem - btc - fiat all in one would be perfect. I'd personally put up 1m to cover initial transaction fees if that might help, for the first users, to cover their fees.

Is it worth talking to LocalBitcoin about some kind of partnership?

A huge problem isn't that most haven't heard of xem. It's that they haven't heard of btc, and when it is explained they are still hesitant about it as a concept. Again, referring to the Scandinavian model, you wouldn't believe the level of propaganda they've instilled in folk. Taxes are good, alcohol is bad.

Mmmkay.

Thinking about it a little more, what about first having an app purely for long distance transactions, ie eliminate the Western Unions, a fiat - xem - fiat transaction that takes 3 minutes (as per xem transactions) and try to get a foothold there.
When you see the amounts paid (unecessarily) in taxes and fees I think its a way to at least get the xem name heard.

To reply on your previous post above about tax.

Alcohol is bad taxes could be good if they are used correctly to benefit all the people but
as it is now set taxes are also bad because people can not influence more or less for what purpose or in which way the money that is "stolen" from them is used.

I think taxes are worse in southern EU countries then in northern countries
because here on south  we don't know why we pay this taxes as they are used
to reward only some interest groups.
The system and people in power are totally corrupted and also in the south people have different
mentality so they avoid to pay the taxes. I'm feeling stupid because

The state is unable to collect the tax as they would so they "attack" common people go tax the
workers and increases the prices of goods every month as this is the easiest way for them but
the powerful trading and financial cartels are exempt of paying them as they finance
the corrupted politicians.

So to stop supporting this shitty system the only way would be to move out of FIAT economy but this
can't happen so fast therefore even making an app for transferring log distance money would be a start.

Thinking about it a little more, what about first having an app purely for long distance transactions, ie eliminate the Western Unions, a fiat - xem - fiat transaction that takes 3 minutes (as per xem transactions) and try to get a foothold there.
When you see the amounts paid (unecessarily) in taxes and fees I think its a way to at least get the xem name heard.

The problem with this is that it will require you having to deal with FIAT.
Dealing with FIAT requires you to comply to some AML/KYC laws and rules they invented
and to get the licence from the state or finacial institution where this app will operate.
At least I thin all that legal shit is needed to even start delaing with FIAT.

Please can you elaborate more your idea of money tramsition and elimination of Western Union?
I'm interested how this app should work?!
For example if I am common average person and I have some fiat EUR that I want to send
to another person in South America ( Brazil for example) and I do not have a clue about XEM neither
any crypto currency, how would I do it with this app from my mobile phone or pc?!

What would be the required steps to send some EUR or $ to somebedy else in the world in an easy way in 3 minutes without having to deal with banks and all legal shit that they invented?!

[font=Verdana]Hi freigeist :)[/font]
[font=Verdana]I was hoping mostly to start that discussion then step back and see all the brains on here step in and answer it, if they indeed though it a worthy subject :)[/font]
[font=Verdana] [/font]
[font=Verdana]I personally think there may be less difference between north and south that we imagine, only that the indoctrination is more powerful the further north one goes. (ie belief that paying ones taxes goes to great healthcare and teachers for little kids…no one wants to hear ). The individual politicians may be less corrupt but I think that is negated by having Government and Opposition that are so close you couldn

I posted one on another thread
https://forum.ournem.com/ideas/wifi-hotspot-with-nem-funded/