Platform did not support Airdrop, what now?

Hi , i was buy on Binance XEM in 10th March. I do not transfer it anywhere.

1. I will recieve XYM?
  2. Can i now sell XEM and later i will recieve XYM or i have to keep XEM until recieve XYM?

Thanks for help

1)yes
2)yes,yes,no

1 Like

Hi Dave, same problem with Bitvavo here. Could a screenprint of the bought NEM (in the BITVAVO application) be used as evidence that NEM/XEM were bought in time?

Hello, I am holding 3,398.48568300 XEM in binance and waiting still for the airdrop to be transfered XYM to my account. I am royal client on Binance and I wonder why this is not yet done…please let me know how to proceed. Thanks

I can see in many groups that Binance announced a sucessful airdrop shot but still people didn’t receive their XYM and we don’t have any idea of what to do.

you should wait and ask this questions to binance support
as they are the those who should distribute the xym to those who
had xem on their platform at the specified block snapshot.

Im afraid not, it is a rubbish situation but the people in control of the tokens at time of snapshot were Bitvavo so they have to do the claim

Speak to Binance - the chain sent them the XYM tokens in block 1, they need to distribute them.

I’ve heard reports of their customer service stating they have not received them, this is simply not true.

I’d suggest tweeting them public as well - the more noise the community can direct at them and CZ, the more likely they are to take notice and act more quickly

Hello Percival,

Apologize for not responding before. If possible, that would be great.
Does it mean I have to open a wallet at another eschange and my XYM will be avaiable by itself?

Regards, Jan

Hi

I also owned more then 30.000 nem, bouhgt them on 10th of march. Bitvavo told me today in a simple mail they did not support the airdrop. I in advance did not know i had to do the claim bij myself. I hope so they change their mind and do the post launch opt in yet…

Albert

1 Like

Hi,

I’m really frustrated as Bitvavo keeps responding telling me they cannot support airdrops internally. They agree with me that the post launch opt-in is possible for NEM, but not for Bitvavo internally…

Can I sell my XEM and, if Bitvavo does the post launch opt-in after all afterwards, still receive my XYM ?
Or do I have to hold until Bitvavo maybe does the post launch opt-in in the coming 6 years?

2 Likes

I am a bit frustrated too, have the same problem with many xem. Bitvavo told me again today they have not supported the airdrop because they have no wallet for it. They told me it is not secure enough to do for them. They told me also it is an internal decision which wil not be reversed.

I think the answer on your first question is yes and the second is no. In this topic up here is the same question answered bij Miguelon.

Now, how to go further, press on Bitvavo or question to NEM if there is another way to claim XYM?

Albert

1 Like

Hello m_1234,

Answer to the first question: Yes, but only if Bitvavo would co-operate so Bitvavo can support the Opt-In within the six year period after launch. If Bitvavo cannot support the Opt-In internally: well that would be Bitvavo’s responsibility, a shortcoming of their internal system and Bitvavo’s problem! But problems can always be solved. It is up to Bitvavo to do something about it.
Until Bitvavo does, internal systems shortcomings could be just an excuse or not. It is impossible for us to know, we can only speculate about it. Again, only Bitvavo knows and can do something about it. If modifications or changes need to be applied to their internal system to support the Opt-In, off-course they could and they should. I think Bitvavo does not realize yet what damage they are causing to ALL their XEM customers.

Answer to the second question: No, as it were your holdings at snapshot block 3.105.500 March 12 2021, 5:26 CET that determines the amount of XYM all XEM holders including you and me are entitled to. That will not change in six years, not if you sell, buy, withdraw or whatever.

Third, I have had a very extensive e-mail exchange with Bitvavo support as well, very unpleasant experience so far. EDIT: Because their withdrawal functionality did not work.
Until they react saying they could support Opt-In: No solution. That is not only very frustrating, it is also a very big economic damage for ALL their XEM customers! I also started a complaint procedure, but did not receive any feedback yet. According to Bitvavo’s General Conditions, they have six weeks to react. I’m waiting patiently.

The main Bitvavo XEM account is NAT62KHUVLWY7HASYBSOBAY3WMZUDSP6QCUFWTBY
As can be verified on this webpage containing data about the Opt-In accounts, that account is not there at the moment of this writing. So it is correct Bitvavo did not execute an Opt-In with their main account yet, today 25/03/2021.
But as you already informed Bitvavo, that is not important and no issue, as they can still do the Opt-in until March 2027, plenty of time.

Now, if Bitvavo eventually will do the Opt-In, what is important in that case?
What was the XEM balance of the Bitvavo account and what was the XEM balance of all their customers on their platform at the time of NIS1 block 3.105.500 March 12 2021, 5:26 CET
That’s why I decided to do a little study of their main account on the NIS1 blockchain using both available NEM Block Explorers:
NAT62K-HUVLWY-7HASYB-SOBAY3-WMZUDS-P6QCUF-WTBY
NAT62KHUVLWY7HASYBSOBAY3WMZUDSP6QCUFWTBY

I reverse engineered the balance of their customers XEM on that account @ the timestamp of the snapshot block and according to me it contained
10.447.209 XEM
which were partly owned by all their XEM holders at the time.

If they would do an Opt-In with that account within six years, and once the post-launch Opt-In starts, they would receive a XYM account with
10.447.209 XYM
that would belong to their customers!
Because of the size of that amount, they surely have a lot of other affected customers with economic damage too. Now, to provide some idea of the total size of that damage: based on a rounded and conservative current XYM exchange rate of € 0,5 / XYM, the estimated damage today is 5.223.604 EUR

They probably also do not realize the economic damage is not only that amount, but also increases each day, because each day they wait, their customers also cannot harvest with their XYM’s, which increases the damage with a 5% (rounded) on that amount per annum. A more exact calculation about this additional harvesting damage could be done after the network has been operating for some time.

Based on the information about transactions in their internal system, available to a user when logged in, I was also capable of reverse engineering my personal XEM balance on their platform at the time of snapshot! So the information is there! Off course, each customer should be able to do that for himself. Or even better, Bitvavo should be able to reverse engineer that balance for al their XEM holders at the time.

So what actions could and should Bitvavo take to remediate this damage:

• Determine each customer’s XEM balance at NIS XEM block 3.105.500 timestamp, March 12 2021, 5:26 CET
  • Once post-launch is started and supported by NEM Group, execute the Opt-In to claim the XYM’s on a Symbol account
  • Distribute the XYM’s to their customers corresponding to their XEM balance at snapshot time
  • Allow their customers to have their XYM balance available for withdrawal on the Bitvavo platform
  • Optional: allow XYM trading on Bitvavo’s platform if Bitvavo would consider it appropriate for the trading services they provide to customers

People of NEM Group Ltd already have agreed to provide Bitvavo all help needed to allow them to execute these steps above. They just have to reach out.
If Bitvavo prefers, they can also reach out to their individual customers, or even announce publicly their position or their point of view about this situation.

I would like to invite Bitvavo to react wherever and in whatever way they think is appropriate and in correspondence with their general conditions and the expected level of quality of the offered services to their customers!

7 Likes

Hi everyone i bought xem 10.03.2021 through safepal-binance will i get my xym? what to do in this case?

I did the same thing. But XEM wallet doesn’t work like the ETH or even EOS wallets. NEM Wallet isn’t storing tokens that are launched on its Blockchain. I think We both screwed ourselves. I have had nearly 5000XEM in Exodus for months & I downloaded the NEM NIS1 wallet end of 2020 I attached my Exodus wallet to NEM web wallet then Opted-in for XYM through their wallet, then Downloaded XYM wallet and attached NEM wallet & I must of done something wrong still, because not a single walllet shows any XYM at all. Super pissed. Being a US citizen really fucks Crypto traders over. If I hadn’t lost my EU residency after divorce, I’d be banking 3x what I do. Ever since I got restricted to US only Crypto sites, I earn 1/3rd of what I did. Not being able to use the big international exchanges leaves us open to missing airdrops galore. Especially if you stake BNB on their launchpad. Hope you figure it out. Will let u know if I do

I just logged a support ticket but maybe you can answer this question. I missed moving my NEM prior to airdrop. I have several thousand NEM in my Atomic wallet and wondered if it would still be possible to get the airdrop? Thanks in advance!

https://support.nemgroup.io/hc/en-us

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.