Please can't access to my account. Dont remember password or private key, i only have C:/Users/NEM files

Hello, i can’t open my wallet. It says “NCC is stopped”. I remember my User login and password but not my private key? Im trying to use the light wallet but it ask me for my private key… Please help i have a lot of tokens in that wallet.

Ok, i was able to run the NCC by deleting a file. But when i try to log in it says the password is incorrect. Can’t be, i remember the password, i know i used that one! please help!

Also, i have the C:/users/NEM files? i read that could be helpful to recover my private key or password? please help

Do you have a backup of your wallet?

which file did you delete?

If you have the files at C:\Users\[username]\nem\ncc called something.adb and something.wlt and you know your password then you have your wallet. You can access this folder by typing %HOMEPATH%/nem/ncc into the bar at the top of windows explorer.

I have no idea how these files are encrypted, but I will look into that and come back.

Yeah I would backup your something.adb and something.wlt and then install NCC on a new computer. Then you can put those files into %HOMEPATH%/nem/ncc on the new computer and try again.

If that doesn’t work then RIP, unless you know your password you don’t have access to your funds.

You should have backed up your private key and put it in a safe place. I have my private/public keys and my address written down on a piece of paper so that even if my computer were to die I’d still have that paper.

Thank you. I already backed up those files. And i will always remember my password.

I bought more NEM and deposit it into my wallet. I Need to make another backup? To backup the new amount i deposited? For some reason i click on “export wallet” and does nothing in the new computer. I only have the .adb and .wlt from the past backup i did in the old computer.

What OS is this?

MacOS Sierra 10.12.2

I don’t have a MAC and on windows the backup works.
Asking some people with MAC if they can confirm the behavior.

I tested this in Safari and it didn’t work, but I tested it in Chrome and it did. Not sure why.

To manually back up go to user/nem/ncc and you can find your wallet files.

I forgot my wallet’s password, but i got my private key, any method to get into the account?

Every Wallet Menu has a Create Private Key Wallet Menu.
In creating a new account, please select it and enter the secret key and create a wallet.

thanks