How to vote for the PROVER proposal
Voting is now open for the PROVER Community Fund proposal. Please show your support for the project.
To vote YES:
Send a 0 XEM transaction to:
To vote NO:
Send a 0 XEM transaction to:
Nano Wallet problems:
Voting from the Nano wallet only works in version 1.4.13, earlier versions to this have problems with the vote and later versions than this the vote is disabled therefore use the 0 XEM method above. You can download 1.4.13 on the NEM github:
Or vote using the mobile wallet QR CODES
MOBILE WALLET - VOTE YES
MOBILE WALLET - VOTE NO
PROVER - Authenticity Verification of User Generated Video Files
Please Note: This proposal does not require funding for just an idea.
The founders have already spent US$150,000 for product architecture, video analytics, design, Android mobile app as well as website development to build the MVP (minimum viable product).
NEM community members can try out the MVP at https://mvp.prover.io.
At the moment the service operates on the basis of Ropsten Testnet. We want to move our technology to NEM, because Ethereum has extremely expensive transactions and works too slowly.
PROVER is a blockсhain service for confirming the authenticity of the events, facts, or phenomena. This is achieved through the confirming the authenticity of the video on which this event was recorded. If the video is real - the fact is true. If the video being faked - no. It can be taken into account to make legal and financial decisions based on it.
It guarantees people and companies the protection from false information that criminals create for their criminal purposes.
The problem that we solve
Everyone can record a video at any time. It is fast, simple, cheap and convenient! Many companies use video content in their business processes - it gives them competitive advantages. But technologies allow to edit and fake videos, which seriously undermines the credibility of that format.
What we are doing
Our technology ensures that:
- The video was recorded on a real camera, and not mounted in advance and emulated via a virtual camera as fake.
- The video does not contain traces of editing and modification.
- The video was recorded in a strictly defined time interval. Not earlier and no later than specific timestamps, objectively stored and verified in the blockchain.
Who needs this
This technology could be interesting in all the industries, where it is critical to know the truth:
- Fintech (KYC);
- Construction and Engineering;
- Municipality and Government;
- Blogging and Journalism;
The business model
The service will make money by providing technology for implementation in third-party solutions. As analogue of business model of CAPTCHA services. Payment is expected to be taken at each act of video verification.
What we need
We are seeking 600,000 XEMs to complete the development project for NEM blockchain and create good self-funded business by the end of 2018.
PROVER will work on the basis of NEM blockchain and utilize XEMs. Therefore, this platform will not only lead to growing demand for XEMs, it will also increase transactions on the NEM blockchain, thereby contributing to the NEM community. Hence, the success of this project will contribute to the ROI of every NEM supporter because of the increased visibility of the NEM blockchain as a business-focused smart asset blockchain as well as growth in XEM value.
Furthermore, the code that runs PROVER will be open sourced in order to contribute to the knowledge base on which more applications can be built on NEM. Our GitHub - https://github.com/proverproject.
Our team has more than 10 years of experience in software development for video surveillance and security cameras. Also, we have an experience in medical electronics and telemedicine - produce and distribute compact and very inexpensive ECG machines and provide cloud service for analysis of ECG - http://cardio-cloud.io.
Please support this proposal so that we can all benefit together as a community.
We live in the world of rapidly evolving technology that dictates new consumption patterns and communication culture bringing faster, cheaper and more convenient ways for people to interact with each other and get services from vendors. On the other hand, this new environment leaves concerning possibilities for exploiting these new forms of communication against its adopters threatening to undermine the trust between the members of the new digital society. New security solutions are required to address these concerns and eliminate the risks of fraud and disinformation in the market.
We introduce PROVER – an open source decentralized Blockchain platform for verification of authenticity of user-generated video files. The purpose of PROVER is to eliminate forgery of video materials and confirm their authenticity using video analysis algorithms and Blockchain.
THE BACKGROUND OF THE DILEMMA
Growing affordability of smartphone devices contributes to their massive adoption worldwide. The average price of an android smartphone in 2016 was $208 compared to $380 5 years ago, which translates into 11.4% annual decrease in price. This resulted in YoY increase in a number of smartphones users by 12% in 2016 and 25% in 2015 respectively reaching 1.48 bln units in January – August 2017. The estimated total number of smartphone users globally is of around 2.9 bln. There is hardly any country in the world that does not have a significant smartphone users’ community.
These fundamentals shape the behavioral patterns of younger generations and significantly influence those of older generations. In 2016 an average US citizen preferred to spend almost 13% of his lifetime looking at smartphone screen. The vast majority of that time is dedicated to social networking and direct communication. People value their time more than ever and often prefer texting and video messaging instead of calling or meeting in person.
It is only natural that many projects these habits and patterns on other spheres of life and business and request a similar functionality from their counterparts. Many businesses are facing a sharp need to pursue digitalization in order to retain clients. Many large corporations are allocating increasingly high budgets in 2016 to develop new client-oriented products and solutions that would fit in the new digital paradigm (bring examples). Others are falling behind and lose their market share to new ventures oriented on digital audience from day one.
This tendency supports creation of a vast amount of user generated video content, for example – a trend that has become a phenomenon in recent years shaking media, news, education and entertainment industries all over the globe. Moreover, such video content is also required and actively relied on in financial, insurance, judicial, medical and other industries.
However, the authenticity of such digital video recordings, when it comes to correct depiction of the events and facts of commercial and legal nature, can often be questioned due to numerous ways of manipulating, editing and faking the video files. There are multiple ways of compromising the authenticity of the user generated video recordings not limited to using a virtual camera (emulator), including) changing the date of the recording, artificial alteration of the video.
In this regard, there is a fundamental need for an independent, decentralized service that will objectively guarantee the authenticity of the created video content and protect it from a possible forgery and unfair editing. PROVER platform relies on Blockchain to guarantee the authenticity of the video recording referencing to a specific time of the recording and its authenticity. We expect PROVER solution to make a serious positive impact on the development of the digital economy and help thousands of businesses from dozens of different areas as well as make the lives of their clients easier.
PROVER is an open source decentralized Blockchain platform for verification of authenticity of user-generated video files.
The purpose of PROVER is to eliminate forgery of video materials and confirm their authenticity using video analysis algorithms and Blockchain.
To confirm the authenticity of the video recording PROVER relies on its original open source technology, which allows a user to record a video file on top of the swype code randomly generated by the PROVER smart contract creating a unique digital signature of the file.
PROVER relies on the immutability of Blockchain to store and timestamp the digital signature of the video file that can later be used as a reference to prove the authenticity of the video recording when the user presents the video file to PROVER client.
To eliminate forgery (editing, CGI, video emulation) of the presented video file PROVER uses its original open source video analysis algorithm that detects any manipulations with the original unedited video content.
PROVER team has been working on the solution of this problem since October 2016, MVP is in development since August 2017. MVP of the project is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.prover.provermvp and https://mvp.prover.io.
- NEM’s Smart Asset System allows us to define and launch our own PROOF token. PROOF Tokens owners have the right to access PROVER and to obtain services that will be provided by PROVER.
- NEM blocks complete every 60 seconds. This is important for the PROVER. We must store the information about the swype code creation in the blockchain, and the time of the user’s result waiting depends on the transaction confirmation time.
- We are going to create our own Namespace. It lets us create a unique place for our project data on the NEM blockchain. This makes our assets unique, easy to use, and more trustworthy.
- We will use Messages to store information in NEM blockchain.
- Transaction fees are kept low. For each video confirmation we need two transactions, one for creating and saving the swype code, and the other for storing the hash of the recorded video file.
SWYPE ID ALGORITHM IILLUSTRATION (MVP)
- User follows the app instructions and moves the smartphone up, down, left, right or diagonal in a certain pattern before, during or after the recording (maintaining the integrity of the recording).
- If user follows the instructions correctly SWYPE ID creates a unique video sequence with embedded smartphone camera movements and hashes the file creating a unique digital number.
- SWYPE ID addresses PROVER smart contract, which places the hash of the video file to Blockchain, thus putting a timestamp on the file.
- User sends the video file to PROVER client (bank, insurance company, news media, etc.) to provide access to its services.
- PROVER client uses PROVER platform to confirm the authenticity of the recording and to hash the received video file to confirm the hash was properly placed on the Blockchain.
PROVER CLAPPERBOARD MVP
- User launches the app and inputs the text information which he wants to be saved in blockchain and to be associated with video.
- Then user sends entered text to the blockchain and gets the hash of the transaction and block, which contains this text in blockchain. The hash of the transaction and block are displayed as QR code.
- QR code appears on the screen of the app and user can capture it while filming the video by any kind of digital cameras.
- User can check the video file with that QR code by uploading it using frontend. Video analytics (on a backend) finds and recognizes QR-code, searches for a block in the blockchain, then retrieves the stored information and detects the block time. If found, - the video is confirmed.
If system confirms the file as truthful - it generates the certificate that can be used as a key to access the actual blocks containing this information (hash, e.t.c).
Ilya Svirin, Founder, CEO
- PhD in Technical Sciences
- Tech entrepreneur, founder of “Nordavind” group of companies www.nordavind.ru
- Software developer in the field of digital video surveillance systems, personal equipment and services for health (including the world-famous ECG Dongle and the CardioCloud service) www.cardio-cloud.ru
- Author of numerous scientific publications on information security issues, theoretical principles of programming and smart contracts
Vyacheslav Voronin, Machine Vision and Video Analytics
- PhD in Technical Sciences
- Co-author of the monograph “Method and algorithms for the separation of a useful signal against a background noise during the processing of discrete signals”
- Reviewer of the International Journal of IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, International Conference on International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA), International Conference on International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS)
- Winner of multiple awards for scientific research.
Alexey Rytikov, CTO
- 10 years of software development experience in security and video surveillance, key roles in several IT R&D projects.
Vitaly Suprun, Mobile Development
- 10 years in mobile software development, author of ECG Dongle app.
Nadezhda Nabilskaya, Co-Founder, Operations
- 3 years in software development, 5 years in research and development work, 2 years in applied research
Ivan Pisarev, Co-Founder, Sales and Marketing
- Sales of security corporate software products since 2004, winner of the 1st graduation of Startup Academy Skolkovo
- Nov 2016 – Concept of Blockchain based video files database for on-demand car insurance
- Dec 2016 – Patent application for the video stream authentication solution
- Feb 2017 – MVP android app for insurance - $15,000
- Apr 2017 – Concept of using unique SWYPE code to confirm video authenticity
- Jun 2017 – Beta version of PROOF Smart Contract able to generate SWYPE code and store video hash - $15,000
- Jul 2017 – Alpha version of algorithm for smartphone movement tracking based on data from camera - $25,000
- Aug 2017 – Algorithm for random SWYPE ID code generation (matlab, python)
- Oct 2017 – Algorithm for SWYPE ID detection in a video stream (matlab, python) - $25,000
- Dec 2017 – Prover Swype-ID MVP release (includes Android App, PROVER Smart Contract) - $35,000
- Dec 2017 – Prover Clapperboard MVP release (includes Android App, PROVER Smart Contract) - $35,000
May 2018 – v.1 release (based on NEM blockchain) - 250,000 XEMs
- Prover Swype-ID application v.1 release (Android and iOS).
- Prover Clapperboard application v.1 release (Android and iOS).
- Off-chain service for verification of video files, which was created using PROVER technology (Swype-ID or Clapperboard).
November 2018 – v.2 release (based on NEM blockchain) - 350,000 XEMs
- Algorithm for smartphone movements tracking based on accelerometer and gyroscope data.
- Algorithm of manipulation detection during the input of the swype code on the generated flat image, for example from the TV screen or poster.
- Algorithm for confirming the continuity of video recording.
- Algorithm for detection frame falsification (frame insertion and replacement).
- Algorithm for detecting mounted video (replacing an object in a current background).
- Algorithm for detection the deletion of objects.
- Prover Swype-ID application v.2 release (Android and iOS).
- Prover Clapperboard application v.2 release (Android and iOS).
Our technology can put a reliable barrier in the way of scammers and open widely the doors to online and crypto-economy for whole branches of banking and insurance, legal and other conservative spheres.
It should also note the global benefits of our project for the development of the blockchain community. Our system could be a driver for the popularization of blockchain technology and crypto-currency among the population of our planet. It will bring millions of new users from all over the world to blockchain economy, increasing the overall volume and popularity of the blockchain economy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why PROVER platform needs decentralization?
Decentralization is essential for PROVER platform users to guarantee transparent process of video verification and eliminate trust issues to any particular black box protocol. User generated video content needs an authenticity industry standard that will be used by third party developers to create applications without the risk of being fraudulent or compromised.
2. Will the entire PROVER algorithm be in open source?
Yes, we are convinced that this is the only way to gain trust in PROVER protocol and allow third party developers contribute to developing the platform and its features going forward to reach massive adoption.
3. Does PROVER get access to the user videos?
Neither PROVER nor SWYPE ID app gets access to the user videos. Video files are stored on user’s smartphones and are transferred to recipients directly.
4. How does the recipient confirm the authenticity of the video file?
The recipient runs PROVER algorithm when opening the video file to confirm its authenticity and hash on the Blockchain.
5. Video authenticity check on the recipient side requires processing power to perform certain calculations, can the calculations be performed in a decentralized manner as well?
We believe that in most cases processing will happen on either the recipient or the developer’s server. PROVER Platform does not aim to solve the problem of distributed computing; however, we are closely following the developments in this field.