Questions before investing

Hello, I’ve been researching cryptos for a bit and am leaning towards NEM. I have a few (newbie?) questions first.

1. I feel a significant barrier to NEM becoming more popular is that it’s difficult to buy. While in reality it’s not all that difficult, it is too difficult for the average person. People want to put their credit card in and receive a product. Is there anything in the works to make something similar to Coinbase or get traded through Coinbase?

2. No one knows what NEM is, no one knows what advantages NEM has to Bitcoin. The transaction rate is a massive advantage and needs to be highlighted. Visa (as I’m sure you all know) can do 50k+ transaction/second. Is there any chance the transaction rate for NEM will be even further increased in the future?

Spectrocoin as well as the foundation run exchange (yet to be launched) might become direct fiat links, making it easier to purchase XEM. Also Shapeshift appears to be poised to add XEM.

The foundation has a strong presence on global events and there is a decent amount of networking going on. It’s simply incorrect that no one knews what nem is. You didn’t know, until you looked into it. That’s where the crypto market is at, appart from really big players like BTC and ETH, where people still don’t know what it is, but at least they’ve heard of it. But nem doesn’t play the same game. Right now the point is to attract adoption from developers and businesses to drive success. Widesscale nem recognition is nice but in the end isn’t enough. The foundation is following a different strategy.