Read before sending xem to exchange

Changelly

What is a message?
Message is an additional tag required for XEM transaction. Whenever you send or receive XEM, make sure that you’ve input a message. You may find it in you wallet, and it should look like this.

Poloniex

poloniex will put out a message like this “You MUST send your deposit using the unique Message above. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.” and there should be a line that you include as message.

If something goes wrong, you can see how to deal with it here:

Hope this helps to minimize the errors, also, anyone who used any other exchange is welcome to post below their experience and how-to on safely using the services.

This is original reminder

Happy trading everyone!

3 Likes

你好:
我前几天在比特儿网站转XEM到Poloniex网,就没有填写这个NEM的标签,导致我的币至今没有到达我的Poloniex网账号。那么我现在该怎么办,我要找谁把这个NEM的标签给谁来查看,我才能找回我的XEM。

So if the exchange will not help you, youre money is lost?
I made the same mistake yesterday.
I send 1000$ of of xem without message to bittrex.
I send them an email, waiting for their reply.
But is it possible for them to send your money back?

Yes, there is a high chance that you will receive your XEM back.

Give them your address and transaction hash, and they will get back to you eventually.

Hi I’m new to NEM, crypto, and this world. I am trying to purchase NEM using Changelly. I have an account with them, a NEM nano wallet, and this NEM chat account.
When I try to purchase on Changelly, or using ‘buy direct’ on NEM, which takes me to Changelly, I need a ‘message’. I have now spent about an hour or more trying to figure out how to find or generate a message. One post here states “You may find it in your wallet”. If someone could provide step by step directions, I would be so grateful.
Also, when I start to create the transaction in Changelly, I start with the amount of US$ I am wanting to spend, and I see how much NEM I will receive, and click "EXCHANGE"
The “Amount” screen asks me to check the transaction. It all looks okay so I press "NEXT"
Now I need to enter my XEM address, but I don’t know if this is the name I gave my wallet or the string of numbers and letters that comes up in the “PAY TO” field when I do a “RECEIVE” using the Nano wallet. I’m not sure if this information in the PAY TO of the Nano Wallet is my private key, which I don’t want to share, or a public key. When using the RECEIVE screen in the NANO WALLET, there is a place to enter a public key, but it says “You need to make a transaction to get a public key”.
At this point in Changelly, once my XEM Address is entered, I also have to enter a “MESSAGE”, but I have no idea where to get one.
I can “REMOVE MESSAGE”, which takes the field away, but leaves a click here option to "ADD MESSAGE (optional)"
I entered my wallet name (not the number and digit string) and clicked next. I get a warning to be sure I don’t need a “MESSAGE”, so I don’t want to go any farther and risk losing my money.
If anyone is able to answer these two questions, I would really appreciate it.

1. Is my XEM Address my wallet name, that I gave the wallet, or a string of numbers and letters? If so, please explain step by step how to find it.
  2. Please explain step by step how to obtain or find the MESSAGE I need to make the transaction.
    Thanks for helping me!