Recent News Roundup #5

It has been a while since Roundup #4 and there is a lot to talk about.

We have a new forum. We have updated to a Discourse style forum. This new format allows social logins, drag and drop attachments, wiki posts, reply via email and a host of other upgrades, as well as having a new style and great mobile experience. Thank you to Patmast3r for helping us and answering the call for help.

We also have a Let’s Talk Bitcoin interview on episode #247. Please give it a listen. https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-247-understanding-the-new-economy-movement

The community has a new faucet working faucet.nem.io, and it isn’t just a faucet. It is an example of XEM Pay/Sign technology that allows the NEM faucet to be a multisig secured faucet over distributed servers. The user Quantum Mechanics has made a tutorial and released his code on Github.

After finishing the faucet, Quantum Mechanics has begun working on a notification system that will send email alerts anytime an account has been active and he has begun work on helping to update NCC API documentation.

We are happy to announce that the initial coding for Node Rewards has started and some initial tests are going well.

We recently had a new press release. A copy can be found on our blog. http://blog.nem.io/nem-just-releases-new-features/

Mosaics has undergone advanced testing on the developers’ private testnet and is now performing well with no more bugs being found. After a little more testing it will be released to the public testnet with a fork.

The mobile app is starting to undergo final stages of development. Android had a limited public test. It will now get the same UI makeover that iOS is undergoing.

Makoto has announced a new company to be built on the NEM blockchain called Dragonflypay. He has also been busy with a few presentations and will do another one this week.

We also have a new Quick Start Guide that is useful for when you are on the road or for people that just want to try out the NEM wallet. http://blog.nem.io/nem-quick-start-guide/

And just yesterday a newbie in the NEM community at Bitcoin Talk, pow2poiConvert, has released a new website, NEM Nodes which is a fun and interactive way to view node locations.

Recently, Slack has not been as busy and Telegram activity is picking back up. This is in part because the bot that allowed for Slack <-> Telegram messages is currently down. On the plus side The Reverend on Telegram has made a new tipbot. It is undergoing initial tests and is working well. If you would like to join the Telegram chat, please PM Jabo38 your Telegram user ID at the NEM forum.

Meet a Nemster

Today we will introduce Rockethead

Q: How did you become interested in NEM?
A: I was working on Ethereum in the early days and realised that Ethereum wasn’t the way to go. They were a confused lot, and still are. I looked around in late May last year and decided that NEM was a good one. I do not believe in pure decentralization and NEM seemed a good fit between a purely decentralized and a centralized project. Hence my interest. My role in NEM has been marketing and contributing to the long term strategies of NEM.

Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: My favorite movie is “Beautiful Mind” - It really shows how complex one’s mind is and there is a fine dividing line between reality and imagination or delusion. A little over and one can be delusionary.

Q: Please describe NEM is 3-8 words?
A: Changing the way we do ledger management.

4 Likes

Great roundup as always @jabo38

@jabo38
Thanks a lot!