Remote harvesting

what does the "due by" do? does it stop remote harvesting after the amount of time entered?

what does the "due by" do? does it stop remote harvesting after the amount of time entered?

Same as for tx. It's the deadline.

Same as for tx. It's the deadline.

If the transaction isn't accepted by the deadline, it does not go through.

Want to be able to change the config to allow for more than one harvester..

Just be aware that some changes to this configuration are being discussed.

Currently only 1 account can harvest on 1 NIS. So if you are harvesting already noone else can harvest with your NIS. They could however use it as remote NIS regardles - just not to harvest.
Not sure what the plan for the future is here though.

I'm currently harvesting with two accounts and got an error when I try the third.
So looks like the limit is two.

/edit: Juist learned you can overwrite that limit when running standalone :).

Won't you share with us?

<...>
Ok, so I'm expecting no "Activate remote harvesting" button in the account I used to boot local node.

Another few question:
as far as I understand, everyone can harvest using my NIS, he just needs his own NCC.
Who gets the fees, me or the remotely harvesting account?
Do I have any way to limit who is allowed to do remotely harvesting with my NIS?
Do I have any way to know who is remotely harvesting with my NIS?

Currently only 1 account can harvest on 1 NIS. So if you are harvesting already noone else can harvest with your NIS. They could however use it as remote NIS regardles - just not to harvest.
Not sure what the plan for the future is here though.

/edit: Juist learned you can overwrite that limit when running standalone :).

If I disable remote harvest, I can start a local immediately?

I activated the remote harvest for all addresses that had in multiple wallets, gave no error. Its worked fine?
The harvested blocks go to remote NIS account? If so, how to know who owns the PoI that harvested the block?

Another question: once sent poi, it is in the NIS remote to cancel manually?

Thanks!

I activated the remote harvest for all addresses that had in multiple wallets, gave no error. Its worked fine?
The harvested blocks go to remote NIS account? If so, how to know who owns the PoI that harvested the block?

I have some problems understanding, what you actually ask about, but I'll try to answer the best I can.

If you disable remote harvesting, you should be able to start local harvesting straight away (probably that's not possible from UI)
BUT, you won't harvest (locally) any blocks, until remote harvesting is fully deactivated (1440 blocks).

If you're using remote harvesting, the FEEs do not go to REMOTE HARVESTING account, but directly to YOUR account.

Right now, the only way to know who "uses" the PoI is to analyze the blockchain, and note all the people who activated remote harvesting (I'll try provide such a list later).

In future NEMBEX will show correctly that fees go to OWNER of remote harvesting account.

I totally cannot parse your last question, sorry :)

I have some problems understanding, what you actually ask about, but I'll try to answer the best I can.

If you disable remote harvesting, you should be able to start local harvesting straight away (probably that's not possible from UI)
BUT, you won't harvest (locally) any blocks, until remote harvesting is fully deactivated (1440 blocks).

If you're using remote harvesting, the FEEs do not go to REMOTE HARVESTING account, but directly to YOUR account.

Right now, the only way to know who "uses" the PoI is to analyze the blockchain, and note all the people who activated remote harvesting (I'll try provide such a list later).

In future NEMBEX will show correctly that fees go to OWNER of remote harvesting account.

I totally cannot parse your last question, sorry :)

Thanks!
hmm, bertter than NXT!  :)

I use google translator to convert pt > en, and bing bookmarketlet to en > pt. Really was unreadable. lol

The last question refers to the period of remote harvest. It will be activated for a certain period or i must manually disable if i want the power of forging back?

When setting up a vps to remote harvest does it make any difference if I install the webstart version instead of the stand alone.. Couldn't figure out how to install the stand alone version.. Never worked with tgz files before.. Did some googling but was all confusing as hell telling me to use some type of command line inataller or something so I just installed the webstart.. I was tired so il give it another shot today.. Want to be able to change the config to allow for more than one harvester..

Anyone know is there a limit on how many instances you can launch on Amazon AWS with out being charged? Couldn't find that info

tgz files are used in Linux you can extract this with 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html I think you have to extract twice because first time 7zip just change format of the package.I use another extractor IZArc http://www.izarc.org/ who extract in one step.
After extracting you have folder named package - inside  in the package there are 2 folders NCC and NIS and  inside in this folders there are config.properties files you can edit this files and make some changes in them for example I change database and wallet to be in D:/nem folder before this I make nem folder of disk D:/  and extract package inside.Parameter is  nem.folder = D:/nem in NIS and NCC config.properties. I have 2 accounts and like to havest with boot of them so I fix in NIS config.properties nis.unlockedLimit = 2
So I like to use less memory and I edit with Notepad++ runNIS.bat and make this cahnges to it
pushd nis
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -cp ".;./*;../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
popd
After this I make shortcut to the desktop of rinNCC.bat and runNIS.bat start boot application from this shortcut and then start web browser at http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/index.html after NCC is ready and then save link as file on the desktop for next start after this I change Icon of boot shortcuts to the Nem Icon.
You can find database in D:/nem/nis/data and wallet in D:/nem/ncc
I just copy wallet and database from web client and overwrite this for standalon client so I have two clients web and standalon with the same wallet and start them one by one.
I dont usinng linux but you can use version of 7zip for linux to extract  this file.

thanks filchef, great explanation and some very useful tips. i got it working a short while after posting that comment. i saw you posted that explanation in a thread of its own, good idea cos i think lots of people will be trying to do the same thing and come across the same issues. il book mark that one :wink:

thanks filchef, great explanation and some very useful tips. i got it working a short while after posting that comment. i saw you posted that explanation in a thread of its own, good idea cos i think lots of people will be trying to do the same thing and come across the same issues. il book mark that one ;)

I posted this in this help section https://forum.ournem.com/newcomers-help/how-to-instal-standalon-version-on-windows/msg11254/#msg11254

When I started remote harvesting then I see 3 (?!) accounts.

TAFFFJ… acc has about 50 000 000 NEM and it is in mode 'Remote harvesting is active'. I see 'NIS is synhronized', and I see harvested blocks in the tab. It's all right.

TCZQD6… acc has opened port 7890 and has 1 000 NEM. It is a remote node. It's all right.

But when I open Blockchain Explorer I see the harvested blocks belong to the acc TCRML7… (for example block 109239). I haven't this acc in my wallets. Where does the account appear from?

TAFFFJ... acc has about 50 000 000 NEM and it is in mode 'Remote harvesting is active'. I see 'NIS is synhronized', and I see harvested blocks in the tab. It's all right.

TCZQD6... acc has opened port 7890 and has 1 000 NEM. It is a remote node. It's all right.

But when I open Blockchain Explorer I see the harvested blocks belong to the acc TCRML7... (for example block 109239). I haven't this acc in my wallets. Where does the account appear from?

Don't trust the blockexplorer 100%.

TAFFFJ... acc has about 50 000 000 NEM and it is in mode 'Remote harvesting is active'. I see 'NIS is synhronized', and I see harvested blocks in the tab. It's all right.

TCZQD6... acc has opened port 7890 and has 1 000 NEM. It is a remote node. It's all right.

But when I open Blockchain Explorer I see the harvested blocks belong to the acc TCRML7... (for example block 109239). I haven't this acc in my wallets. Where does the account appear from?

nembex is showing your remote account, this account is not visible in any way (at least now) in NCC

P.S. there was GREAT analysis  made by rigel, you might want to read it: https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nis-restart-remote-harvesting/msg8904/#msg8904

watching…

that is really so helpful I am still wondering about nem connection setup with VPN services how its works for nem?