[REQUEST] NEM community members per country

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I could find an updated count of NEM Community members per country/region? Is that information available anywhere?
Cheers!

Not sure if this is what you looking for but here is list of regional telegram groups:
https://nemnodes.org/telegram/

Does this forum not have a poll option? Or you could do a poll in the wallets perhaps.

1 Like

Hi @CryptoBeliever
Thanks. I do know that link, but I reckon the NEM community in each country is much bigger than just the active members in the Telegram groups, isn’t it?
Surely that info must be available somewhere…

@gentlemand the idea makes sense, but then again, I’m afraid only a small percentage of the NEM community takes part in the forums…

@Fabrice_Elfassy why do you think that there is such list? There is no official registration to NEM community member :slight_smile:

@CryptoBeliever well not a list per se, but a count…Just to have an idea of the mapping per country…But since there’s no official registration, maybe I’m asking the impossible :slight_smile:
However, this info could be really useful (at least to me!)

It can’t be done with any coin without the active participation of users.

@gentlemand then your idea of a poll option definitely makes sense.
@CryptoBeliever what do you think? Could we implement that somehow?

@Fabrice_Elfassy not sure for what you need this list and what information you want collect.
If some personal information then I think it will be not a lot people happy to fill form :slight_smile: if only nick or sth like this then maybe but I have doubts that you can collect in this way more people than on Telegram channels. But you can try.

@CryptoBeliever No, I don’t want any personal info :slight_smile:
Really only needed some kind of mapping of the NEM community around the world, but now I realize this can’t be done without the active participation of users (thanks @gentlemand) .
However, I still think this info could be very useful to the community, especially to those who need to address the community in a more targeted way (PR/mktg, projects…)

If you want target community then you need collect contact info (for example nem address).

From technical point of view is simple form + list (if you want publish this information). You can collect for example nick, country, nem address. If you want send messages you can do it via message in transaction.
Adding/Removal from list can be done also via NEM blockchain and messaging feature. For example send 0 XEM to specific address with message:
add CryptoBeliever Poland
will add to list CryptoBeliever from Poland and connect automatically with sender address
List can be published somewhere.
You can even speak with author explorer.nemchina.com to show that specific address belongs to CryptoBeliever

2 Likes

OK thanks @CryptoBeliever ; I’ll pass this on to my IT team :+1: