Roadmap for 2018

Hi everyone,

With all the new projects, changes and ICOs coming to NEM, is there a 2018 roadmap? Or a list of all the above?

thanks

2 Likes

sounds like a good community project someone can spearhead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For sure, roadmap will be a good idea. Would help a lot in the efforts to sources new Nembers :slight_smile:

Nem gotta get moving, we are pushing too many airy fairy apps, apps are yesterday.
For example mobile phones are already an offensive waste of money at average $700US a piece.
IPads however still overly expensive yet I feel they have a market future as a hands on tool.
You know paying 1k for a phone?
Dude that aint gonna sail.
People got issues everyday with payments, with and with hardware software compatibility, a phone app works for a 15 yr old wanting to send sms, yet does nothin for mid the company looking for scalable expansion.

Hi.
I do not quite understand what problem you claim here. As far as I understand there are 2 possibilities.

No 1. You wrongly assume that when it comes to applications on Xem basis is spoken, this is about applications for mobile devices. That is only partially true. The projects proposed here in the forum are blockchain-based economic processes that are better and more efficient than the current status. Some of them who deal with the improvement of payment processes, also want to use mobile applications. That is not their main goal but a part of the service that they want to offer later.

No.2 You mean the somewhat shaky function of wallet and transfer applications on android and ios basis. Here you are partly right.

Unfortunately, the Foundation has failed to convince the broad masses on both counts so far. Although they have developed a very good product, they rely too much on their technical work and the mass thinks it is just another possibility of speculation of easy money gaining in this market. There is quite a problem with the mediation.

But a great product when it comes to application.

1 Like

No I mean these “apps” things, in my day they used to be called “Applications”, you know like “Microsoft Office” and “Adobe Photoshop”.
Now its all these appy things and in project proposals some folk want big bucks from Nem just for an appy thing.
I mean where is the foundation? Where is the real life use cases?

Also I mean Apps never got better, we just got dumber.

You know why Microsoft Office and Photoshop are successful?
Because they empowered business and companies, they empowered students and the everyday user as well.
Before them there was nothing doin it like that.

i dont realy get your point. sry

Where does Nems empowerment lie?
What will it do or does it do to to enable people?
Lets make a list.

Lets look at Copyright Bank, an excellent idea that’s needs marketing towards people who are actually making stuff and inventing stuff, resourceful folk.
It has the potential to empower if marketed correctly.
That is just one example off the top of my head.

In Australia there are fishing and 4WD forums that have some very inventive people (lolz, to name a few).
Do these guys get to know about copyright bank?

Probably not but I think each of us can contribute. I am not satisfied with this kind of process myself, but you have to face the reality and roll up your sleeves.
You can edit a post to add something later. it is not necessary to create 3 posts.:nerd_face:

1 Like