Since I have no way of being vested at 10000 XRM, what are my options

If i even wanted to participate in NEM – XRM, What if I have no way of purchasing the required amount to be vested at the 10000 XRM vested level. What are my options to get there? I can’t harvest, so I must buy my way in?

Thanks,

Max

It’a XEM not XRM :slight_smile:
You can buy less and hold. You can report bugs and get bounties. If you are youtuber you can make videos and get bounties.

yes buy more of current shitcoin with no news, no updates, shadow dev, shadow adoption, promised tech.
No wonder NEM price falls so long, nothing and nobody is backing it publicly.
cheers

Nem has no inflation, that means no new coins that means no block rewards like in bitcoin. Because of this harvesting is not comparable with mining. In nem harvester gets only transaction fees, on the other hand harvesting is very cheap.

In most other coins you invest in mining gear that you know will be useless in few months and try to recover this loses by mining and hope you can mine more that you lost on hardware.

In nem you invest in xem which itself has potential to grow (unless you buy it when it is super pumped) and then you can earn little extra with harvesting.

It is completely different economic model from most other crypto out there.

So to answer your question. You can accumulate xem over time as part of your savings. When you reach 10000 (this limit might to change in future since it was set when 10000xem costed under 10usd) you can start harvesting, but gains from harvesting are very small so it will not make you rich.

Sorry, XEM it is… I’m kind of wading through all the different coins trying to determine what the up sides and down sides of crypto in general are. From what I can gather, Since it is such a new technology, it is prone to a lot of errors, bugs and has a pretty hefty attack surface. I’m not sure how long it is going to take to develop systems that are robust enough that the average Joe can survive putting their hard earned cash into a system that just by accident, you can lose it all. So, anyhow what do you see as the up sides and down sides of XEM?

Upsides of tech are:
Nano wallet (very good and functional wallet easy to use keep your .wlt file offline).
Multi sig extra security but harder for average joe and said tutorials have not surfaced.
C++ is faster than Java.
Active devs.
Trezor support.

Upside of Foundation:
Leaders and innovators, visionary philosophy.
World status (imho they have a large base across the world).
Promotion of many projects, delving into anything from governments to some guy/girl making an app.
Decent funds, self funded.

Downside:
Nobody mentions Nem.
The price has slumped recently and exchanges are making it hard to purchase.
A great run up of projects for 2017 with little news in early 2018.
… yeah and just stuff like that lately

1 Like

Yes and of course I forgot.
Nem has a great tech support team, absolutely amazing.

Cheers

maxsilver, current price is a good time to gather some xems.
As far as harvesting goes it brings limited returns to us folk under 30k xem so I would not sweat it.
The current dips, appear to be a bubble burst.

Cheers

Yes, It does appear to be a burst. With the SEC starting to get involved it may well be the beginning of the end of a lot of the B.S. that surrounds the crypto markets. It may even drop further as the feds press harder on the regulatory buttons. I’ve been mulling it over trying to decide the best way to go!

I been holding and buying xem since June 2017.
I really see no reason not to buy.
I would be surprised if we did not see some positive progress by the end of the year regarding tech and projects.
To me this appears to be not so much a bubble burst but a “hangover”, if you followed crypto over the last 12 months you would see it was one big party.
Fortunately Nem spent this time working on real world objectives, so in a sense Nem is due to grow in future.
Cheers

how is the POI weigth? based on amount XEMs in wallet?

Yes and the amount of transactions you make.
The more you use xem the higher your POI.
Yes also the larger the amount the higher your POI.
That is all I know, it may get more complex than that.

Thanks for the answer