Thanks for reaching out. I am actively leading North America (with the blessing of the Council and devs) which includes the United States and Canada. Mexico will remain under the lead of Pedro Gutierrez. For the past year, I’ve worked closely alongside the NEM Foundation, Tech Bureau and specifically Jeff McDonald/Lon Wong/Kristof Van de Reck/Stephen Chia to build strong partnerships - some of which will be announced very soon.
I have always done more than just the Inside NEM video series. The community knows me as this but my role from the beginning was much deeper than just doing videos.
I am armed with over two decades of software analytics, marketing, and community development experience, with a focus on online gaming. I’ve worked on some of the world’s first digital tradable assets in Pokémon Online and Magic: The Gathering Online. Not to mention I’ve led launches for League of Legends, the world’s number one grossing PC game, as well as product launches for Xbox and Raptr, a game data analytics startup. There are strong parallels in online gaming and the world of blockchain/cryptocurrencies - from guilds, to online marketplaces, to gamification and digital assets. You can read more about my career on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alextinsman/
• 20+ years consumer and B2B product marketing experience with top brands in software, hi-tech, gaming, entertainment, and online services.
• 20+ years of people & team leadership.
• Solid track record of product launches across blockchain, mobile, console, web, Linux, PC, and Mac.
• Experience in marketing to males & females, 8-50, from early adopters to mass market.
• B.A. in Liberal Arts from the University of Washington, Seattle.
• B2B and B2C Project Management
• Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Marketing
• App Development Strategy
• Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
• Go-to-Market Launch & Sustain Planning
• Event Support Management
• Partner/Account Relationship Management
• Content Strategy
• Video Production + Photography
• Game Design + Gamification
Achievements for NEM (in under a year):
–I created Inside NEM. I researched, wrote, filmed, edited, created graphics, and interviewed global teams and partners for 45 episodes of Inside NEM.
–I grew Inside NEM to have ~14K Twitter followers and 4,200+ YouTube subscribers.
–I’ve represented NEM at tradeshows and events around the world including the United Nations, the opening of NEM Bar in Japan, multiple Consensus shows and many more.
–I’ve built strong working relationships with NEM’s global teams, Tech Bureau, countless partners building on NEM, our community, and NEM’s core developers.
–I’ve secured partnerships that the community will soon learn more about.
–I led communications during the Coincheck theft crisis, the NEM Foundation reorg, the confusion around Petro as well as other notable incidents.
– I work with our public relations team, our community, our global regions, and national media. I also act as a conduit for information with national and local law enforcement across many countries.
–I led media training for the entire NEM company.
–I contributed to the NEM website redesign and marketing strategy in 2017.
–I’m a proud investor and believer in XEM.
What you will see from me in the coming months as I continue to work alongside the Council, Tech Bureau, the core devs and the global teams is transparency and outcomes from the efforts to grow NEM in North America. I am hyper-focused on results and have complete support of the NEM team.
Don’t underestimate my contributions. I am more ninja than rockstar. I’ve been preparing for a challenge like this my entire career and the teams that will be working alongside me to build North America are skilled, effective, humble and agile. Anyone who has worked alongside me knows I lead by empowering others.
And it’s not a task. It’s a calling.
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.