Over the past few weeks many NEM leaders and community have asked me to consider running for NEM Foundation President, and today I’m happy to say yes, I am running for President of the NEM Foundation.
You can watch my announcement video HERE.
So why am I running?
It’s been two years since the NEM Foundation began. And the industry has changed a lot. With new leadership, it’s an opportunity to update strategy and re-focus on our goals.
So here’s my goal. I am DONE with the sleeping giant.
I have three big changes.
First, we are going to fix and release NEM’s roadmap, including the economy and sustainability.
Second, we are going to shift focus to hiring more core developers and speeding up releases.
Third, we are going to improve the transparency and accountability of the Foundation.
By November 23rd, I’ll share my full Candidate Policy document (along with all other candidates) with my vision for the future of NEM. Then I’ll do an AMA where you can ask questions. You can find the Candidate Policy Documents HERE.
I want to thank the community who has been my guide over the past year and a half on the issues that matter most. I talk to you almost every day in Telegram, Twitter and YouTube. This feedback has been critical to understanding the community’s vision. I am continually inspired by you.
I also want to personally thank Jaguar and the other core devs for giving me insight into how I can best support NEM.
Last, I want to thank every NEM Foundation team member across the globe. You all are amazing and it’s an honor to work alongside you.
And to everyone, you are invited to contact me directly. I reply to all messages. Share your thoughts. And let’s do this together.
Follow Up Questions: (More will be added as the community reaches out to me. Note: I will not discuss what is in my Candidate Policy Document until all Apostilled documents are revealed at the end of November. By adhering to this, it ensures that the strategy the all candidates provide at truly their own and not lifted from another candidate’s strategy plan.)
1. Are you running for President and Vice President? Answer: Originally I had planned to run for both President and VP but I made the final decision to focus on the role of President and therefore never submitted for the role of VP.
Anyone can run for any position. Ideally, the candidates with the most strategic plans should be elected to lead NEM so I encourage all community and team members interested in leading change to do so.
2. Where can I find more about your background? I made this post back in June 2018 in the NEM Forums. My LinkedIn has always been in all my videos. I’ll be doing an AMA after the Candidate Policy Documents are released and am happy to answer additional questions.
3. Will all candidate videos be posted on Inside NEM Twitter? Yes, I will post every candidate video on the Inside NEM Twitter channel. Updated: As of December 3, 2018, I have seen videos from Laura Takenaka, Stephen Chia, Trikar, and Mark Price, Nelson Valero and Jeff McDonald. As more candidates come forward, I am happy to support them as well.
4. Are you an Advisor or involved in any other crypto projects? No, I am not. I have turned down every Advisorship invitation and have no large holdings in any other tokens. I have no side deals nor kickbacks with partners. 100% of my time is spent dedicated to NEM.
5. Can you share more into your goals for 2019? Yes! You can check out my Candidate Policy document HERE and also watch a video I made explaining my top 3 goals/strategies for the NEM Foundation in 2019 HERE.
6. Who would you like to see on the Council in 2019? Now that Candidate Policy Documents have been released, I’ll be highlighting a mix of candidates that I believe will best help NEM move forward (based on their current contributions to NEM, activity in our community, their expertise/business acumen to help shape a more diverse global Council skill set, temperament/ability to work collectively, and also my professional relationship with these candidates.) I believe that NEM owns the community and that every one who votes in this election has the freedom to choose who they feel best represents the values of NEM. I’ll start off with sharing some of my top picks including but not limited to:
Jeff McDonald is a top pick for me and I made this video on all the reasons why
Steve Li, Head of NEM China, is another candidate I’m endorsing and here’s my video for why you should consider Steve as a Council Member.
Laura Takenaka, Head of NEM Thailand. A steady voice in the community, who has been key to helping me navigate partnerships including the United Nations and Kind Heaven, Laura has my vote for Council Member.
Hiroshi Koga, Head of NEM Japan.
Mark Price, CEO of Devslopes + NEM Consultant.
Pedro Gutierrez, Head of NEM LATAM. I’ve watched Pedro grow NEM LATAM and am inspired by his leadership. Here’s a few more reasons why I see Pedro’s expertise as a value to the new Council.
Jason Lee, Director for Australia and New Zealand. He’s a solid fit for the position as Secretary and here’s why!
Ricardo “Trikar” Medrano, Head of NEM Hong Kong. Trikar has demonstrated his ability to effectively work across our global teams and also our community. He’s a good choice to consider for the upcoming Council and here’s why.
Bartiomiej “Tony” Sanak, NEM Influencer + Developer. He is one of the most passionate and prolific community contributers to NEM. I believe he would push the new Council to be more accountable and cognizant of the community/developer’s perspective. Here’s a short video on why I believe he should be elected.
Kimble Ngo, Head of NEM Vietnam.
Note: Additional endorsement videos will be made as I continue to research more on the other candidate backgrounds. And again, I have faith in our community’s ability to pick the right mix of candidates THEY want to see lead NEM in the coming years.