So do we get any project updates?

I mean so the Nem foundation forks out a few car loads of cash and then we never even get these folk checkin back in to the forum to post any results.
Yes is not investing, yes getting robbed.
Cheers

3 Likes

Youre totally right. I just joined in the past few weeks and could tell straight away there is something wrong with the fund. Now that it is committee first then community, it should be better. You really need professional analysts checking this stuff, not community as it’s technical work. Another thing which I think was problem with ICO and also community voting Is that the complexity of projects possible is limited to what you can get the public to understand. An analyst will understand almost anything and make a decision, the public not so much. Now that we have moved past ICO mania, I am seeing some more complex and and interesting projects being launched here in Shanghai anyway.

As for the updates, Hopefully the founders are just really busy on their projects to be posting in the forum afterwards. You’ll bet they’re in contact with the committee though to keep getting funding and from what I hear the committee isn’t just handing over money without checking how it’s been used.

3 Likes

Yes exactly, yet those on the committee would be wise to take in any points the community may raise. I come from various “Jack of all trades” backgrounds yet I do notice at times that some aspects of a project can remain overlooked, mostly by a lack of real world understanding of how certain industries work.
It is easy to remain office based (yet this is far from all projects I have seen) and the projects may have the correct structure, but the product also needs to ring in some real world truths.
Thanks for the reply
Dan

2 Likes