Some 3rd party Dev question

I have been tinkering with the NanoWallet code and have been able to get some custom stuff done. And Quantum_Mechanics have been a massive help - he is awesome!

I am still a bit confused about a few things, which I hope you guys can just shed some light on for me.

The NIS API (Here: http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/) - do I need to have my own node running for my project? Remember, I need to do some custom stuff, like:

1. Creating and sending Apostilles - with custom content in the “message” field
  2. Send Mosaics to certain accounts (also with some custom data in the “message” field)
  3. Pre-populate a "Global"address book accross the NEM chain (is this possible?). Or should I create this address book on my own node - then I can query any addresses against my address book?

It seems very complicated to just send a mosaic. I was hoping this would be pretty easy, using the API.

Apologies if some questions are noobish. I am still trying to figure out the best way to implement my app. Whether as a custom nanoWallet, or a Node.js web-app.

I would prefer a Node.js web-app, and just using the NIS API.

Any assistance and pointers will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

The NEM community has been fantastic and very supportive!

no, you can use/query any node, for example any supernode.

I think Quantum_Mechanics released some js api which makes it easier to do basic stuff like sending transactions, maybe he can give you some more concrete information / examples.

1 Like