Spread some XEM!

As soon as che$$ is paid out. Round is closed.

I personally stop spreading now. Was fun but to much time consuming :-D

See ya Guys and maybe Ladys :-D

FireF

PS
I send Boniface 25k.

Thank you Fire for all the work and time you put into this... I hope one day we will all look back at how we sent each other tens of thousands of XEM back and forth... :-)
1 Like

Still time to join? Still ready to send the XEMs back? :slight_smile:

Elfixit if I will forget you to send 1k just remember  me please.

FireF 

why did you already know that you would forget me  ;D ?

still waiting for my 1k to come back

thanks
-- el

Elfixit if I will forget you to send 1k just remember  me please.

FireF 

why did you already know that you would forget me  ;D ?

still waiting for my 1k to come back

thanks
-- el

;D Cause I know my self ;D

1k send
FireF

Altogether my POI went up by 1.18% (to 6.61%), before the 50k coming back and with some harvesting.

Has anyone drawn any conclusions regarding POI? Any new theories?

The whitepaper should be out within the next few weeks. Until then I go with

PoI(v) = 0.5*PoS(v) + 0.5*PR

v being the vested amount and PoS(v) = 9/76*10^-9 * v (so the total "vested" XEM is not the full 8999999999).
PR is the undirected PageRank of the account. An edge between two accounts is established when a tx>=10k XEM has been made and is vested in the target account. Don't ask me which damping factor is used.
There don't seem to be multiple edges between accounts, so sending large amounts of XEM is useless other than the 10k XEM being vested sooner.

There might be some cluster detection in place (there are various well known graph algorithms to do that), but at this point I believe this is not the case. Probably it will be implemented at some later stage or earlier if needed.

That being said, these are just my speculations. Don't trust me too much.

Edit 15.05.:

Turns out I was quite far from the truth. Well, it is a variant of PageRank at least, but involving cluster detection and weighting decaying net tx. Far more elaborated than expected. I take my hat off to the devs.
Have to do some investigating however why my tests looked quite like what I described above.

The simulations seem to suggest that splitting an account in 20 parts, waiting for them to be sufficently vested and transfering everything back to some other account seems to be the best way to gain some importance score. Have to test that some day  ::)

Turns out I was quite far from the truth. Well, it is a variant of PageRank at least, but involving cluster detection and weighting decaying net tx. Far more elaborated than expected. I take my hat off to the devs.
Have to do some investigating however why my tests looked quite like what I described above.

The simulations seem to suggest that splitting an account in 20 parts, waiting for them to be sufficently vested and transfering everything back to some other account seems to be the best way to gain some importance score. Have to test that some day  ::)

We DO have a testnet, you might want to test it there (although almost no transactions happen there, so there might not be good conditions for any testing)

I'm new to NEM. Can someone send me 1 NEM to verify my account? I will send it back.

NDAP36-J4P56N-CVYIKR-4JED5A-3N2CRM-YXZT34-WXSP

Cheers

Also new here.  I went through and sent on what I could.  I'm happy to send any back that comes my way :slight_smile:

ND2I57-TSQJ7U-4TZTRD-ZOQAN4-D4MWMH-GIKEFV-CWY5

Willspain and Garaux, I've sent you some XEMs to feed your appetite :wink:
Do feel free to bounce some back :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, sending NEM back cancels out any importance gained. This is to prevent someone from making two accounts and sending NEM between the two to build Importance.

1 Like

As far as I am aware, sending NEM back cancels out any importance gained. This is to prevent someone from making two accounts and sending NEM between the two to build Importance.

Correct.

This game begun before NEM whitepaper was released...

Got it. Try for the clarification.

Hi new guy on the block.

So how does this work. We send Xem around.
What are the condition on receiving XEM ?

My account: NCVV5F-NU6AF5-ZNEMWH-YNRGY2-2TV64G-OQC243-ZXVG

this is an old thread. I am going to close it, so no one sends out some XEM expecting some back in return.

1 Like