Started a node nem.sberex.com:7890, will I benefit from other harvesters on my node?

I have a question. I started a node (this is not supernode) nem.sberex.com:7890 and harvesting myself with this node. If someone else will start harvesting with this node too will I as a node owner benefit from it somehow? Or it is pure charity from my side?

1 Like

You will not get any profits from it.

How about importance? Is it in some relations with the operations this harwesters made or to it influent actual connected users only?

It doesn’t matter and nothing change for your or harvesters importance.

So it’s charity to allow any other guys to activate harvesting on your node? No any sense at all?

It’s supporting network not charity.
Same like running full node for for example bitcoin :slight_smile:

That is why when I tried (before I launched my own node) to find node for harvesting I could not succeed. So every node owner is limiting the number of possible connections for harvesting (you can do it in config) and you end up with only option to launch your own node and limit number of connections too :slight_smile: So for me charity and network supporting didn’t work. Sorry.

Free slots can be easly found here: https://nemnodes.org/nodes/

Running full node for example on bitcoin gives user possibility:

1. be sure that no one else is between him and the blockchain
  2. chance to mine a block.

We have something similar on NEM for point 1, but not for point 2 as I see because for NEM harvesting user should not run full node. Even if user will run full node this will be mostly useless because there are not any advantages for the owner.

@ysh you need run also mining algorithm to mine bitcoin (not only run node). don’t you? I’m not sure because I don’t mine bitcoin :wink:

So charity… thanks) Until net will have enough nodes it’s not a problem. A bit strange what for people need to run nodes at all in this case… Any other ideas why people should run own nodes?