Stop calling for Exchanges!

Dear Nember,
time and again, I read calls in the community that lead to a further listing. My question is, why?

I really can not follow this, how would another exchange help us? Yes, a short rise in prices would take place, but even that is not always safe. Nem is listed on a variety of exchanges. According to CoinMarketCap, there are 84 exchanges where you can trade.

For comparison: IOTA is listed on 34 exchanges.
Most coins have an average of 100 listings. We are not far from that.

I think talking about listings is wrong and distracts from the core problem. Just like the last year. There were obvious problems, if any one addressed them, he was denounced as troublemaker. Please focus on the essentials, today we slipped into position 20, but certainly not because we do not have enough listings.

If you think Nem gets too little attention, help out! Open a Twitter account, share the news.
Write articles and publish them, consider projects based on Nem, like Nemlog. Find out about current things, ask what goals there are and how to achieve them. But please stop asking for more stock exchanges.

2 Likes

Interesting insight. I’ve always thought of how multiple listings can actually help the coin. Do they make it more popular or there are any other perks?

Do not get me wrong, a listing CAN help to increase awareness. But experience shows that the price drops again after a short time. Additional bonus is only available if it is xem to fiat. But we need sustainable growth. So blockchain applications and solutions are the goal.

Yeah, agree completely, it’s true for every coin

So, in case NEM is represented on many more exchanges which allow to buy it directly with fiat, wouldn’t it attract more finances?

I like that you have proposed other options to draw attention to NEM. I agree with your thoughts

1 Like

There’s almost 100 exchanges now. A new one I’ve noticed is ZB.com which has the highest volume and is in XEM/USDT trading pair. Having more exchanges does help to increases awareness and price, and benefits trading, but not really adoption and utility. Having more blockchain apps is better for long term sustainability and growth. Price growth will come when the conditions are right and sentiment is positive.

1 Like

I don’t know, on one hand it’s quite convenient, on the other hand they usually charge large fees, so maybe it’s not so popular as it seems at the first sight

What other options do you mean?

Trading pairs with stable coins are quite profitable and can serve as insurance

Hi Jan, and thanks. I am counting on the future adoption of private bc in the industry. If one criticizes one should also offer possible solutions. By the way, do you manage Pricebot?

In the last paragraph, the author proposed options to draw attention to NEM

No, I don’t manage Pricebot

After reading your post, I started to explore what exchanges have the lowest fees. https://blocklr.com/guides/crypto-exchanges-lowest-fees/
Some of them I knew, but a couple of platforms I didn’t even hear of

They are quite popular. I would say these are the largest crypto exhanges in the world

What solutions and what to do you offer?

And where are their low fees? They just gathered the most popular ones here in this list.

Which one do you use?

you can read ?

You made a very good point @Stinghe_Dorian -

1 Like