Stories from the dev front (memoir)

Could you help settle a debate I am having with a fellow NEM true believer? Will migrating the NEM blockchain to catapult require a hardfork?

Thanks @Jaguar0625 for chiming in. Happy to hear you consider to have things mostly under control.
I’m looking forward to seeing the result of the team’s hard work published as open source. That will be a huge milestone and should ease lots of fears. If it could bring more contributions to the development of NEM it would be even better!

1 Like

I am also a little bit nervous, because of the complete rewrite:/
But I believe in you, you are working for such a long time on this project, you will do a great job!
I am probably one of the rare investors who are not impatient for the Catapult release, good things need time!
So don’t listen to the impatient people, take your time and keep up the great work!

updated OP

2 Likes

Too quiet lately. :slight_smile:

quite before the storm perhaps? :grinning:

Last update was 1 September, today is 17 October, any new updates ?

cosignatures collector is hard :wink:

2 Likes

These updates are great, thanks @gimre.

If I could make a suggestion, there only one thing worse than an expectation… and that’s an expectation that isn’t managed well.

And the community/wider market have (for right or wrong) an expectation set by Lon Wong that Catapult “should be released before the end of the year” on Mijin.

These updates don’t tell us whether that expectation is still valid, and whilst it would be a very positive move to “surprise” us with an early release, it would also be a very negative move if that expectation wasn’t met.

I’m sure the foundation have this in mind, but it would be good to ensure expectations are managed well as we’re only 56 days from the end of the year now :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

2 Likes
4 Likes

Expectation management: :white_check_mark:

(Grey = alpha, Blue is beta)

2 Likes

any updates ?

here you go

1 Like

@gimre we have 2018 now :stuck_out_tongue:

see? I don’t even know what year it is anymore :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hi, I need to ask a question where I’m going

i really don’t know where YOU’re going, but feel free to share

It has been a while since the last update, any updates to share with us?

this is most recent update https://twitter.com/NCOSIGIMCITYNRE/status/985176942440742915

1 Like