Stuck on 'NIS is synchronizing'

Hi Am running a Supernode, and have been having problems with it for the last few days.

It doesn’t manage to complete synchronizing, (NIS) and always stops at ‘est. 1 day behind’,

As suggested on this forum, I backed up my wallet, then clean installed. I have done this twice, allowing it to update overnight.

Still no luck, it just sticks at 1 day behind.

However - if I login and change my settings to instead of Localhost, one of the Alice3 nodes, it updates and works.

The moment I re enter Localhost, it goes back to the orange NIS synchronizing status.

Re booted my PC in case that helped - it didn’t.

Advice appreciated

See my statement in the supernode thread:

“The network is experiencing some problems, we will inform about details once we know more.”

Oh ok thank you, I thought it was me :slight_smile:

After 24hrs, nobody still knows, what’s the reason of these troubles? Sounds not so much positive…

We know the reason by now and are working on a fix.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the info and positive news. Anyway, when do you expecting the fix (minutes, hours, days) ? And also - it will require change/upgrade to newer version of NRS ?

no ETA yet. Of course you will need to upgrade your NIS once the fix is released.

Allright. Could you please describe - just shortly - where / in what manner/point/type the problem is ? I suppose that this is not a bug related to 0.6.83 and downgrading to 0.6.82 will not help, correct ?

Downgrading will not help, yes. A more detailed description wil be given at a later point.

Ok, just waiting patiently ;). Thanks BR for your dev-work and support here as well!

Well, no news after next 24 hrs ? Anyway, this “fork trouble” (or what is this exactly) affects all the (super)nodes and all supernodes are failing in tests now, or it happens just by some of them ?

I believe just a select number of them, none of my supernodes have failed yet …

Thanks willowfoot for confirmation. I deleted my blockchain DB and now building it “from scratch”, so we’ll see, if it is could help.

We have fixed the issue and some other issues and are testing in testnet.

Great to hear this, do you have some ETA, when that fixed version could be on mainnet ?

I tried to rebuild DB by my supernode yesterday, but nothing changed - it has still trouble with synchronizing of blocks ~ 2 days ago, and due to this it’s still failing in the supernodes round tests…

Me too.
I also rebuilt the DB (again), but am stuck on synchronizing from 2 days ago.

Mine has been saying NIS is synchronizing 400 days behind. what to do?

Are you using the latest NIS from bob.nem.ninja? You can also download the latest database from there as well.

Did you just start your node? then it will take some time till it is synced. Is the message changing (like saying 380 days behind after some time)?

NIS is synchronizing. At block 1111955, est. 17 days behind. (at block 1111955)
This has been going on for days now -Updated the latest Nem software 0.6.87-BETA and Java -but still the same sync issue- this is when you wish you had your money in an exchange - and not in a wallet that is dedicated to the crypto -which we think is the safer thing to do???