Support the small nodes!

This may have been good at the beginning of Symbol launch, but now the delegators have not reached many distributed nodes.
This is because there is no cancellation semi-permanently with one delegation operation.
And as it is, the delegator will continue to be sucked up by the well-known node.

And even if the number of delegates increases, the owner of the node is helping to continue the intensive hypertrophy that “there is almost no risk”.

How about saying that one of the proposals is to set a period of delegation?
In the next period after the delegation period ends, we will set a rule that you can not select the same node as the previous time.

Hi, the problem isn’t the manageable number of people who run a crop with their amount of XYM , nor the many nodes that were opened in contrast, which is really good.
Give this process some time.
It is more important to get new people enthusiastic about Symbol who will also support this project in the long term. Then there will also be more people who invest in symbol and who harvest on a foreign node.
So we come full circle and we’re back to marketing.

3 Likes

The current delegation system is like the governor of Tokyo, who is chosen only by name.

To make matters worse, he said it was the governor of Tokyo for life!
It ’s scary that there is no next election in just one election.

The delegator can cancel it at his own will, but it is not actively done because no inconvenience will occur to the delegator.

The increase in Symbol holders in the future will promote the relaxation of the current state, and I would like to expect the fragmentation of bubbles.
but
It ’s better to assume that it ’s not the case.
Preparation is required

1 Like

In any case, it makes sense in the meantime to think about where something could be adjusted.

1 Like

Even if that doesn’t happen, you should be prepared for the worst.

It is a possible situation in the very near future that there will be no movement of Delegator.
Huge trees will stop the growth of surrounding vegetation
Will discourage you from building new nodes
It will lead to the decline of the economic zone

1 Like

Unfortunately, these days all people want to make money quickly.
Someone who invested in NEM in 2014, in whatever form, started small and it took time … there was never a guarantee for the development of NEM either …
At that time, the real incentive was playing around with technology, not making quick money. Above all, they had more patience.
In the end, the market decides. But we have the option of at least setting the direction for the community.

2 Likes

I used to collect tax with a node, its face value was horribly large, and weak-willed ones will be swallowed.

The runaway has already begun in some areas.

1 Like

This might finally be a reason e.g. to promote the CSV export for Wallet / Explorer.
It is especially important for the common user. We always want to attract new users, but are not able to provide the basics.
You see a lot of different areas coming together.

1 Like

I don’t expect Symbol as money
I’m the one who only expects Symbol as a feature

I’ve already benefited enough from xem, that’s enough

1 Like

If you benefit from XEM / XYM, it’s good.
That being said, it’s good to have people who use their stake in the NEM ecosystem wisely.

1 Like

And passing on a part of the profit is certainly not a bad quality.

One of the problems I see:

When a node operator receives the reward, taxes are incurred in many countries.
So it would actually make more sense to pass the reward directly to the harvester. In whatever amount.

Taxes … Well, that’s certainly one of the headaches.

Mmmmhhh, yeah … but one of the points that should not be underestimated. sry

1 Like

By the way, this is not about shifting something onto other shoulders.
In the worst case, in the end effect, for the same harvest (block), twice tax is due(Node owner + harvester ).

@spreebits
I am trying to link to your node, but Symbol wallet says ‘Node Invalid’.
4xym.de is the node right ?
It is also not available from the custom drop down. I tried manual entry, but still not luck.
I check on https://symbolnodes.org/nodes/ and that is your node name, so not sure what is going on.
Are you upgrading at moment of offline for some reason ?

1 Like

If your wallet is old version, you get Node invalid error.
Do you have latest desktop symbol wallet v1.0.2?

2 Likes

Everything is ok with the node. With the current wallet it should work, for me it is displayed in the wallet as green and active. I do not see any problems. Do you have the latest wallet?

I am happy if you find the way. Just enter it as a custom node. I don’t understand the server list inside the wallet, it’s been running for a few weeks, it should be known in the network.

i think you made it! good luck with the harvest and welcome.

1 Like