Symbol Launch and Opt in Update

There is no intention to patent the code, just to confirm that we are not in breach ourselves at this time.

The schedule timeline was confirmed yesterday for 0.9.6.1 by the tech team, updated plan will be done tomorrow with 0.9.6.1 added.

It will then be available on the Symbol Launch Reporting & Single Source of Information thread but I will post back here when it is done so you know its happened.

1 Like

Why not !

Simply put, the majority of the core protocol is based on prior art and is therefore not able to be patented. The reason we introduced the patent check (into the development process) was to get clearance that the prior art is able to be used without the potential to be challenged in the future. Hope that helps clarify the position.

6 Likes

all clear
Thank you

1 Like

Project plan updated here: Symbol Launch Reporting & Single Source of Information. Will update the graphic after the weekend.

3 Likes

When will be updated please ?

1 Like

What happened to this afterwards?

1 Like

Roadmap now updated to reflect the plan.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, much appreciated

2 Likes

Sounds good let’s see it

1 Like

We’ve been working with a patent lawyer who is an expert in technology including blockchain and crypto patents. His advice is that we are clear to proceed as the existing patent applications, the use of prior art and our approach to symbol enable us to run with our existing programme. We’ll keep a quarterly check in place to watch how the patent landscape evolves. Hope that makes sense.

6 Likes

Does that mean that there is no longer any fear of a delay in launch due to patent issues?

1 Like

Correct. Coding is proceeding on that basis and timing is being re-evaluated with the finality design as is.

3 Likes

hi Jelin

Its been updated in a few places:

1 Like

I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the start of lockdown easing a little which seems to be the trend globally but of course at different rates in different parts of the world. I promised to send out a broader update on NEM Group and my intention is still do that. I have planned to send it this week but we have a few more things to talk about so have pushed my update back to next week. I didn’t want anyone to think I had forgotten and I personally feel that an update from me is overdue. I just want to make it a really comprehensive one and include some update to date things we are working on that will come to fruition next week. Hope thats ok with everyone.

10 Likes

Ok we wait for that these week

4 Likes

@r3n3 the announcement was posted here. NEM Group Update

2 Likes