Symbol Opt-in: when should I expect to see XYM in my wallet?

Hi,
I did the optin in November last year, using the NEM Wallet and the procedure passed all right - no error, no warning etc.
All my NEM tokens are there, unmoved, unchanged since December.
I understand that the snapshot was done a few days ago and the Symbol network is started too. Should I see the XYM aidrop in my NEM wallet? How can I check all is all right?
Thanks,
–bjh

You need to have symbol wallet installed, import mnenonic there and start new story with XYM;)

1 Like

Did it and it works all right.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Your welcome;)

1 Like

Hey Guys, sorry to jump in on your thread.

Can you elaborate on your instructions, I am having trouble viewing my xym. What do you mean by start new story with XYM?

I have created a Symbol wallet and imported my mnemonic but I don’t know what to do from there.

I did not create a new account - I went through import and as soon as I imported the mnemonic all showed up all right. Maybe not all the airdrops finished yet.

I don’t know where to locate my mnemonic for my XEM. I was allocated a mnemonic when I created a Symbol wallet though.

It is not a mnemonic for XEM. It is the mnemonic created when you opted in for Symbol.

I don’t remember being given one, it says I have opted in and to update my XEM wallet, even though I have the latest version. I only got given a mnemonic when I created a XYM wallet. I’m so very confused, sorry to be a pain.

The instructions I followed asked me to use an updated version of the NEM Wallet that had the Opt-in support in it. I used that functionality in the NEM Wallet to Opt-In and that process gave me the details - mainly the mnemonic I used now in order to import the details.

new story means only adventure with new coin :wink:

If all is imported properly XYMs should be visible in Symbol wallet, if not something is wrong with opt-in process made by NEM wallet with supporting opt-in version or it is much coplicated and need to be explained by NEM Team support here…

Thanks for your assistance guys, still no luck with receiving my XYM, I opted in as instructed before the snapshot and I certainly don’t remember being given a mnemonic through the process other than when I was instructed to create a Symbol wallet which I backed up and used to import, but if it is not linked to my original XEM wallet then I don’t see how I will get my XYM. Trying to opt-in again through XEM wallet doesn’t allow me to do anything further either. Just says the opt-in is over and update my wallet, but I believe I already have the latest version 2.5.1. I’ll try to get in touch with NEM support somehow.

The mnemonic is a way to map back to the key generated for the Symbol network when you opted in. The one you get when you create a new account with the Symbol Wallet will help you access the new address pointing at by the wallet, so no, it does not have, it cannot have anything to do with the opt-in process.
I remember they were saying that it will be possible to get the XYM even after the network starts. After all, the snapshot took all in, either opted-in or not. But they did not specify any details You should contact NEM support, indeed. I think it should be doable.

Any idea how to contact NEM support?

nem.io - “contact us”
Even here, there are forums with their support people.

Anywhere I can find an instruction. I have my 24 word from Geens Wallet 2.4.7 opt-in. I create a profile in Symbol Wallet version 1.0.0, I add my Passphrase.
Then I got to select an address to interact with? My NEM wallet address is not in there? What are these?
I need to select one…

I never got 24 words memonic during opted in via android app. What should I do? All I have now is NEM private key, VRF public key and VRF private key.

I know that there will be an option for all not opt-in XEM. Everybody is entitled to receive the amount of XYM in your wallet on the date of snapshot.
You can enter your wallet address here and see how much XEM was in your wallet on moment of snapshot. So I do not really worry, but would be fun to see the XYM since I opted in via my Nem Wallet.

I would like to share my similar story…

I opted-in my NEM balance in android wallet, but 24 words are not saved before.
But I checked there is opted-in balance, before mobile wallet app is frozen during launching symbol chain.
Then…I opened the latest android wallet app and cannot see any balance in my mobile wallet.
Did mobile wallet app overwrite wallet data without any warning? or lost data in the release process?

In my understanding, I have to use back-up code when I lost my password, account ID and finger print.
Of cause it was recommended, but not usual process to use back-up code to login my account.
It would be better to keep NEM in Binance account, instead of trustless wallet. Even though airdrop is slow, they can be trusted.

Anyway I’m contacting NEM Helpdesk, so I hope to get some response in near future.

Hello. Please contact via helpdesk if problem is still not solved https://nemplatform.com/contact/
Of course lost mnemonics can’t be restored …