Symbol Supernode EarlyNode and Ecosystem Node Reward Programme - delay to 31/03/2021

There will be, but can you link me that guide pls? I haven’t seen it yet and would love to give it a look over

nvm - found it: Complete guide to run a dual node on centos 8 using symbol-bootstrap

1 Like

I don’t think there is any need to be stingy with the budget here.
I think it is better to collect them to capacity.
EA and ECOSYSTEM are effective in the long term.

3 Likes

Frankly speaking, the current number of nodes is a false image for inflationary reward purposes. When it becomes unprofitable, it may disappear.
There are too few delegation harvesters for the number of nodes.
Therefore, I think EA and ECO nodes are important.

3 Likes

Any update on this?

The programme is supposed to start tomorrow but still no info on how to reactivate the monitoring agent on our nodes.

1 Like

@rigel I was hoping be in a position to give an estimate before posting this one but we have had to delay it a bit further for a security issue that is being resolved, which is why no instructions were provided:

4 Likes

Has supernode reward been distributed yet?
Could this be the reason why the major exchanges are not listing it?

When will Super Node rewards be activated? This is a very important issue

1 Like

No its hasn’t been distributed

And no it has not been raised an issue by any exchanges - it is a minor additional incentive, most of the rewards come from supply inflation config which has been working from block 1

Progress Update - 29 Apr 2021

An update on the remediation work.

The team had to redesign some of the communication flow between the monitoring component and the agent which is installed on the nodes. This redesign, rework and testing has taken several weeks to ensure it is done correctly.

We have been iterating through test fix cycles on internal development environments for a couple of weeks and are now ready to move wider for testing.

The solution has been live on our nodes on the new Testnet for a day or two and it is performing well. We intend to leave this to run overnight and review results.

We will expect to be opening it up for community participation on the new Testnet within the next 24-48 hours on Monday and will make a separate post with how to take part, a user guide and what to expect.

Depending how the public testing goes and levels of participation we will review it mid-end of next week with a view to fixing a final implementation date.

I would encourage anyone who intends to runs a SuperNode on Mainnet to get involved and help test the improved solution, your efforts will help the Mainnet version be ready to run for years so it is very useful to get involved if you can do please.

I expect we will post something in by the end of this week with a guide for how to get involved

4 Likes

The last time we started supernodes, we were testing on NEM and it was really hard to get testers to run the software, which led to bugs being found late and delays. Please all run a testnet node if you can to help test. We all want to make supernodes!

3 Likes

Good to read.
So what to do? Anything available or any update regarding setup instructions or step-by-step guide?

Hello.
Will there be also a new symbol bootstrap release regarding
this issue or we will be able to use the current version for the testing?

Thanks.

@garp

So what to do? Anything available or any update regarding setup instructions or step-by-step guide?

Links etc will be included in the post opening it for testing, I’m just reviewing things just now to make sure its all there

@freigeist

Will there be also a new symbol bootstrap release regarding this issue or we will be able to use the current version for the testing?

A new one will be needed

1 Like

Thank you, i will translate this in spanish and post it!

1 Like

Hi, @Thies1965, @OliverM, it would be good to know which Testnetnodes are from you ?
Perhaps I have overlooked them.
Thx.

Hey @garm , should be visible now. Mine is Dare-You-Test 178.254.41.43.
It is up and running with the required 3Mio XYM in the account.
Found it ?

1 Like

In the meantime, the number of test nodes has risen to 121.
Nice to see.

Maybe more will participate in the next days. Would be a good question for the SN Telegram group. :face_with_monocle:

Not sure, but what was the saying … ?
From many XYMMIES also follows a great responsibility ? :smiley:

1 Like

Is the rewards program being discontinued?