Symbol - SuperNode Programme Update

Hi all,

@Jaguar0625 @gimre and I have been working with the dev team since the delay to the SuperNode programme was announced ~1.5 weeks ago.


The technical concern that was raised in the post above, could in some circumstances pose a security risk and needs further work to be able to launch securely and reliably, the monitoring remains shut down at present to close that risk.

Resolution / Timing

The issue is more awkward to resolve than was originally thought and it is going to require a partial rewrite to fix it - because of that it will also require additional testing.

We have the re-design complete and are in the process of estimating the dev and testing work. It is not massive but it is more than a few days so the SuperNode programme will be delayed until that work is complete. At this stage we think we are talking weeks not months, once we have a more concrete estimate I will update further (next few days for the estimate).

Apologies for the continued uncertainty around this one, the problem looked simple to solve but is a bit harder and given the funds involved it is important to get it right and do so securely.

Missed Rewards

The same approach will be applied as before in terms of rewards; the missed rewards will be doubled up for as many days as need to ensure the same amount is paid out to ensure rewards are still paid.


Sounds Good!

@DaveH sorry for bothering. Are there any updates on this topic?

Hi @Thies1965 no worries, don’t have to apologise for asking valid questions

The team have finished the redesign and the dev work, it is currently in testing and peer review, I am hesitant to give a confirmed date until we get the interim results of that so as to avoid setting expectations that may not be exact.

As soon as I can I will give more info though


I want updates.
What’s the situation?


It is still in test/fix cycles.

Once it successfully passes testing I will update