TENX card is contemplating adding XEM

Imagine spending your XEM in real life with this debit card, increasing your importance score.

https://www.tenx.tech

What i like is that it has 0% commission for purchases using foreign currencies. Xapo has 3% commission, it means every time i make a purchase in another currency that is not USD, GBP or EUR they will rob you with 3% commission in every purchase. I live in Mexico so i need so everything is in mexican pesos and i will not pay 3% on every purchase, that is a robbery, that’s why i want this TENX card.

We actually need this gap between REAL world and NEM blockchain to increase NEM transactions volume! more Xem to harvest to everyone!

1 Like

This is a good news!

In that case, I think I will invest on TenX, although their valuation seems a big high.

Wouldn’t you have to transfer from your local nanowallet to the TenX specific wallet?

Wouldn’t that decrease your PoI score based on the decreasing amount in local wallet and time vested?

@Arthur_Vandelay just transfer the amount you want to spend to the TENX wallet, that will increase your POI score in your NEM account. Why it would decrease your importance score? sending XEM out of your wallet increases score, specially if your are sending constantly. Once the transactions becomes old and you stop sending XEM to TENX, then your importance score will decrease.

Because importance depends on balance to a big part. Activity is just a part of POI. Balance is the biggest factor so he’s right, it will decrease his POI score.

Of course this is a modified PoS. But spending XEM constantly with a creditcard should help to increase POI. If it doesn’t increase why POI exist. It should help. At least spending should help to maintain score or something. Also depending how much the person is spending? idk please elaborate.

As we all know PoS is based on balance, I looked it up for myself as I was going on word of mouth not first hand black and white. Both parties are partially right.

https://www.nem.io/NEM_techRef.pdf Page 34 of the technical reference as mathematic notation here is lost in translation.

The importance score, ψ, is calculated as follows:

ψ = (normalize1(max(0, ν + σwo)) + πˆwi)χ, (27)
where:

normalize1(v) is: v / ∥v∥

ν is the vested amount of XEM
σ is the weighted, net outlinking XEM
πˆ is the NCDawareRank [10] score
χ is a weighting vector that considers the structural topology of the graph
wo, wi are suitable constants.

And the outline matrix is minimum transferred an amount of at least 1,000 XEM which which multiplies the net transfers and the weight of the supernode reputation and whether it’s an outlier or integral part of the cluster from the harvesting account (as you can’t have a PoI score if you aren’t eligible for harvesting).

So yes it does play a small part in the net amount, if it was in the last 30 days and over 1,000 XEM. But the vested balance which does decrease when withdrawals take place is also a variable. So if you don’t replace the withdrawal in the thirty days, you’ve effectively lowered your PoI score.

Damn, works sort of works like a credit card credit score. I’m an iPhone user so I can’t speak from TenX experience on how the wallet works if you have two wallet addresses and recharge every so often when the debit card is low or specifically from your NanoWallet address.

So yeah, if you take money out and want to keep the score, put the money back in after and keep the vested balance up.